• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Florian.k

Hey Guys,

got my new Guitar today. Its a Silhouette Special from 1995 SSS.
Unfortunately, the Bridge SC is not working (Position 1 and Position 2 - Pos 2 is just the middle SC).
Do you have any suggestions to check where the fault is? Both the Neck and the middle SC are working perfectly.

Appriciate your input!

GWDavis28

Have you taken off the pick guard assembly and looked to see if there are any wiring issues or maybe a broken solder joint?

You know the guitar doesn't exist without pictures right???? Hahahahahaha

Congrats on the Silo Special, they are super guitars.

Glenn |B)

Florian.k

It´s pretty interesting, the Color is Candy Red, but somthing happened to the paint...
IMG-6440.jpg

Florian.k

I´ve hooked it up to the amp and tried to push the cables, do see if there´s a loose contact maybe... but nothing.
But every Pickup was pretty noisy (I´ve installed a new battery for the silent circuit)

tbonesullivan

Does the bridge pickup look corroded at all? If any pickup is gonna be exposed to sweat, it's the bridge pickup.

GWDavis28

Have you emailed customer service about getting a wiring diagram?

Glenn |B)

Florian.k

I have checked the pickups, the Bridge Pickup shows 0.233 mOhm and the other pickups show ~ 6-7 kOhm. Looks like its trash. Any chance to repair that?

tbonesullivan

Did you check it at the pickup itself. or at the end of the wires? Sometimes the solder joint at the pickup itself goes cold, and you can reflow it easily.

Florian.k

I did check it at the pickup solder points were the cabels go to the selector. Were should I check also?

Florian.k

In theory I can measure again on the super small wires from the Pickup? That should proove if somthing is wrong with the solder joint?!

Florian.k

Besides, does anyone know, which Pickups were used in the 1995 Silo´s? Especially the Bridge PU.

tbonesullivan

You should be able to measure from the solder pads on the pickups, as long as the coil wires are intact.

The pickups in the Silo are probably custom wound dimarzios, like they use in them now.

Top Bottom