• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Eilif

I just bought #63/69, brand new. I guess it's been hanging on the wall for five years.

The neck is fantastic, and it sounds lovely...and I haven't even put on new strings yet.

Does anyone know what pickups these are?

Also, what strings did the factory put on this -- 9s? 10s? Hybrid?

IMG_0040a.jpg

GWDavis28

Congrats!!!!!! Great guitar, Tollie use to have one a few years ago, he loved it, but had to sell it.

Enjoy!!!!!! Glenn |B)

Ted

Congrats! That's a really sweet looking Morse. Very nice color scheme and features. Cool that it has the reverse headstock too. I'll bet it plays really nice.

I recently got a brand new 2018 Valentine BFR Pine Green that had been hanging on the wall of a store for 4 years myself-- such a stunning instrument I can't believe it didn't get snapped up in 4 years. I wonder if the Covid thing caused some inventory to sit around for a while. A lot of stores went to "appointment only" and I think that may have had an effect. Whatever the cause, I feel fortunate that there is a nice selection out there of limited runs and discontinued colors still available to buy new.

No idea either what the pickups are on that Morse but I'll bet it screams.

beej

Nice score! Generally the Morses come with his preferred 10-42 strings, so I'd guess that does too.

I believe the pickups were made in house. I don't recall seeing any specs on them.

jlf599

Did you just get that?? I thought I saw that for sale somewhere and thought the same thing (Hahahahahahahahaha).

Glenn |B)
I've had it for a couple of years. I've had it up on Reverb on and off...end up changing my mind on selling it when I list it. :)

It's actually up now for the moment (until I change my mind again). :) But the siren call of an Albert Lee SSS is strong.

Fontanz

I think Morse guitars get Steve‘s special combination:
10 13 16 26 32 42.

He himself played these gauges for decades.

wannarock8

The pickups on these BFR Morse guitars were Music Man custom wound. From the YouTube demoes of these guitars that I’ve listened to, they sound pretty close to the Dimarzio Steve Morse signature pickups.

beej

The pickups on these BFR Morse guitars were Music Man custom wound. From the YouTube demoes of these guitars that I’ve listened to, they sound pretty close to the Dimarzio Steve Morse signature pickups.
They're the same pickups :) Dimarzio, not MM custom wound.

Eilif

I pulled off the pickguard so I could look at the pickups. They *are* DiMarzio; the stickers say BHNJB1CL and BHWJB2CL.

I asked DiMarzio, who replied:
They are the Music Man OEM versions of the Titan neck and bridge models:
Titan™ Neck | DiMarzio
Titan™ Bridge | DiMarzio

I like the bridge pickup. The neck pickup, however, is not my cup of tea, so I may replace it.

edhalen

I pulled off the pickguard so I could look at the pickups. They *are* DiMarzio; the stickers say BHNJB1CL and BHWJB2CL.

I asked DiMarzio, who replied:
They are the Music Man OEM versions of the Titan neck and bridge models:
Titan™ Neck | DiMarzio
Titan™ Bridge | DiMarzio

I like the bridge pickup. The neck pickup, however, is not my cup of tea, so I may replace it.
Thanks for sharing! I've always wondered what the pickups were. I've had a few of the Tahitian Blue DL's and sold them like a moron. I recently came back to Dark-Lord land (see avatar pic) for good. I'm assuming my version has the same pups. I'll have to pull them next string change.

Top Bottom