• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

jimoya4132

I dont see any regular stingray basses on the website anymore, all the listings are for special collection basses.. strange.. anyone know why?

Edmang

There are regular basses here. Stingrays Sterlings and Bongos. Not sure if you are looking somewhere else

Rod Trussbroken

The "regular" Sting Rays (with 2EQ/3EQ preamps and Alnico pickups) ceased being offered with the introduction of the Sting Ray "Special Collection" around mid 2018. The Specials are lighter in weight and include newer electronics consisting of an updated 3EQ and Neodiynium pickups. The older electronics are not an option with the Specials. The "Classic Collection" and "Old Smoothie" Sting Rays ceased being offered around mid 2020.

I'm not aware as to if/when the older Basses will be offered again.

kevins

The "regular" Sting Rays (with 2EQ/3EQ preamps and Alnico pickups) ceased being offered with the introduction of the Sting Ray "Special Collection" around mid 2018. The Specials are lighter in weight and include newer electronics consisting of an updated 3EQ and Neodiynium pickups. The older electronics are not an option with the Specials. The "Classic Collection" and "Old Smoothie" Sting Rays ceased being offered around mid 2020.

I'm not aware as to if/when the older Basses will be offered again.

I think not for a while on classics with all the post covid stuff, but I got a feeling that we might see them in 2026 again :)

Top Bottom