• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

dibart77

Hey guys! OK, it looks like most of you are up for another installment of my New Year's New Guitar Days! I've done it the past eight years and everybody seemed to dig it. You ready for some fun?

I do have to preface this year's NYNGD with an important and serious note. At a time when some folks are out of work and the pandemic is AGAIN spiraling out of control, I was feeling a little unsure about showing off this year's guitars... I genuinely don't want to be insensitive to those who are suffering or who have lost a loved one. But then I realized that for many of us (you guys AND me), this is a fun way to take our minds off the craziness of our world and just geek out over fun guitars, and stay home in the safety of our houses and interact with eachother in a time when most of us are feeling lonely and isolated.

(The back story in case you're new to my NYNGD: Every year since 2012 I've done a fun thing that most of you I think enjoyed, and I thought I would do it again this year. Every year, I am a slacker about keeping my Guitar Gallery up to date... So, as a fun holiday thing, let's launch a guitar in the Guitar Gallery each day leading up to New Years Eve! In the past I've received PM's about my collection and whether I play all of these guitars. :) The same question came up during my NYNGD posts a few years ago and my answer was pretty detailed and well thought-out, so please check it out here!)

I have, as usual, had a very gassy year...

EBMM_GAS_small.jpg

We'll get started with the first guitar tomorrow! ARE YOU READY?!?

While I usually try to time it so that I show the grand finale on New Year's Eve, I got a late start this year and don't think I can pull it off. Hard to do 16 guitars in 9 days.... BUT I'LL TRY!

Here's a reminder of the past few years:

classes_1992-2020_14.jpg

Past Days:
The new EBMM message board limits the number of characters in a post so I can't put a list of direct links in the post. Click here for an index.

(The back story in case you're new to my NYNGD: For the past couple of years I've done a fun thing that most of you I think enjoyed, and I thought I would do it again this year. Every year, I am a slacker about keeping my Guitar Gallery up to date... So, as a fun holiday thing, let's launch a guitar in the Guitar Gallery each day leading up to New Years Eve! In the past I've received PM's about my collection and whether I play all of these guitars. :) The same question came up during my NYNGD posts a few years ago and my answer was pretty detailed and well thought-out, so please check it out here!)

(Also, in case anybody gets any funny ideas -- these guitars are not at my house. They are all in my very secure and alarmed studio facility. I usually only have two guitars floating around the house...)

jlf599

I appreciate your thoughts/concerns for folks, but I also think you're spot on that this is a fantastic distraction from other things.

I've only been on this board for a year and some change now but last year's post and thumbing through previous ones is just a lot of fun. Looking forward to seeing and hearing about this year's haul!

I'm a fairly recent EBMM convert, but now they dominate my collection and get almost 100% of my playing time. :)

Last edited:

racerx

I'm a fairly recent EBMM convert, but now they dominate my collection and get almost 100% of my playing time. :)

Same - in my area it is very rare to find any Music Man guitars (and I worked in a few music shops over the years too!). I always knew about the mystique but sort of forgot about them when I was able to afford decent gear for myself. I took a flyer on a Valentine a year ago and was really blown away. Then that led me down a path to getting rid of my other gits and migrating to a full EBMM stable. The others were great in their own ways, but comfort and playability are the most important to me.

I saw Jeff's thread and pics and was excited to see what else is out there I don't know about. Though I suspect its going to be dangerous!

xjbebop

Thank you Jeff! Your time & effort, along with your good fortune, are very much appreciated and enjoyed here!
Look forward to seeing this years treasures!

GWDavis28

Jeff nice man, looking forward to this time of year as a bright spot.

Glenn |B)

dibart77

Hey guys - sorry I didn't get the first guitar up today. Had some family stuff related to COVID. We're all OK, but needed Rapid and PCR COVID tests -- which are basically impossible to get these days -- for the four of us. Finally sorted it out. I did manage to photograph 5 guitars today, but the next step is the long one: editing and cutting all the photos. NYNGD 2021-1 tomorrow! Thanks for being patient!

NGJohn

Hey guys! OK, it looks like most of you are up for another installment of my New Year's New Guitar Days! I've done it the past eight years and everybody seemed to dig it. You ready for some fun?

I do have to preface this year's NYNGD with an important and serious note. At a time when some folks are out of work and the pandemic is AGAIN spiraling out of control, I was feeling a little unsure about showing off this year's guitars... I genuinely don't want to be insensitive to those who are suffering or who have lost a loved one. But then I realized that for many of us (you guys AND me), this is a fun way to take our minds off the craziness of our world and just geek out over fun guitars, and stay home in the safety of our houses and interact with eachother in a time when most of us are feeling lonely and isolated.

(The back story in case you're new to my NYNGD: Every year since 2012 I've done a fun thing that most of you I think enjoyed, and I thought I would do it again this year. Every year, I am a slacker about keeping my Guitar Gallery up to date... So, as a fun holiday thing, let's launch a guitar in the Guitar Gallery each day leading up to New Years Eve! In the past I've received PM's about my collection and whether I play all of these guitars. :) The same question came up during my NYNGD posts a few years ago and my answer was pretty detailed and well thought-out, so please check it out here!)

I have, as usual, had a very gassy year...

We'll get started with the first guitar tomorrow! ARE YOU READY?!?

While I usually try to time it so that I show the grand finale on New Year's Eve, I got a late start this year and don't think I can pull it off. Hard to do 16 guitars in 9 days.... BUT I'LL TRY!

Here's a reminder of the past few years:

Past Days:
The new EBMM message board limits the number of characters in a post so I can't put a list of direct links in the post. Click here for an index.

(The back story in case you're new to my NYNGD: For the past couple of years I've done a fun thing that most of you I think enjoyed, and I thought I would do it again this year. Every year, I am a slacker about keeping my Guitar Gallery up to date... So, as a fun holiday thing, let's launch a guitar in the Guitar Gallery each day leading up to New Years Eve! In the past I've received PM's about my collection and whether I play all of these guitars. :) The same question came up during my NYNGD posts a few years ago and my answer was pretty detailed and well thought-out, so please check it out here!)

(Also, in case anybody gets any funny ideas -- these guitars are not at my house. They are all in my very secure and alarmed studio facility. I usually only have two guitars floating around the house...)

Wow. Not a single Armada amongst all of those?

GWDavis28

Hey guys - sorry I didn't get the first guitar up today. Had some family stuff related to COVID. We're all OK, but needed Rapid and PCR COVID tests -- which are basically impossible to get these days -- for the four of us. Finally sorted it out. I did manage to photograph 5 guitars today, but the next step is the long one: editing and cutting all the photos. NYNGD 2021-1 tomorrow! Thanks for being patient!
Jeff glad to hear all is well, yes PCR testing has gone crazy as well up here. No worries do what you can, when you can, if you can, family comes first man.

Best of luck, Glenn |B)

dibart77

Wow. Not a single Armada amongst all of those?

Nah. I tried an Armada at the Philly Guitar Show back when they were in production and just couldn't jive with it. The scale length and neck just felt weird to me. I'm the same way with a Les Paul. I can pick up an Ibanez JEM which is very different than an EBMM but can play it without too much issue. But if I pick up a Les Paul, the neck angle and scale length just feel weird. Same happened for me with Armada and I was like "Man, these are gorgeous, but it doesn't feel good to me." Just a preference thing, I guess. Trust me... I wanted to love it! :ROFLMAO:

NGJohn

I completely understand what you say about feel. I just really love those guitars and want everyone to have one. lol

Top Bottom