• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

dibart77

Welcome to Day 6 of my annual New Year's New Guitar Days (NYNGD)!

Thanks for the kind words and comments on NYNGD #2022-5! Looks like I'll be launching these once a week -- I think I can maintain this pace, and it'll only take until mid-April at that rate (ugh, so much for New Year's Eve)...

So... whaddaya say we keep the Luke II theme going?!? Yep, today's NGNGD is a Luke II in what has to be my absolute favorite opaque EBMM finish: Tangerine Pearl! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this color! It looks even more awesome on the smooth contours of the Luke II. Otherwise, this 2013 Luke is pretty standard - rosewood fretboard, non-matching headstock (boo!) and EMGs. The neck feels great (V-profile notwithstanding) and it sounds amazing.

Is there any (non-trans) finish better than Tangerine Pearl? There are a few that give it a run for its money but I'm pretty sure this takes the cake for me!

I'll be back soon with another NYNGD: New Year's New Guitar Day! Thanks for looking everyone!

large_0001.jpg

large_0002.jpg

large_0003.jpg

large_0004.jpg

large_0005.jpg

large_0006.jpg

large_0007.jpg

large_0008.jpg

large_0009.jpg

large_0010.jpg

classes_1992-2022.jpg

Past Days:
The new EBMM message board limits the number of characters in a post so I can't put a list of direct links in the post. Click here for an index.

(The back story in case you're new to my NYNGD: For the past couple of years I've done a fun thing that most of you I think enjoyed, and I thought I would do it again this year. Every year, I am a slacker about keeping my Guitar Gallery up to date... So, as a fun holiday thing, let's launch a guitar in the Guitar Gallery each day leading up to New Years Eve! In the past I've received PM's about my collection and whether I play all of these guitars. :) The same question came up during my NYNGD posts a few years ago and my answer was pretty detailed and well thought-out, so please check it out here!)

(Also, in case anybody gets any funny ideas -- these guitars are not at my house. They are all in my very secure and alarmed studio facility. I usually only have two guitars floating around the house...)

Last edited:

GWDavis28

Jeff, very cool, I always loved that color, but never seen it in person. This is a great snag!!!!

Congrats, Glenn |B)

mikeller

That finish is spectacular. A few years ago I came very close to buying a Silo or Silo Spec with that finish - you are making me regret that now!!!! Congrats!

dibart77

That finish is spectacular. A few years ago I came very close to buying a Silo or Silo Spec with that finish - you are making me regret that now!!!! Congrats!

Mike, I might have bought that one. See the last photo above. Silo Special in Tangerine Pearl. I gotta believe there were not many. The three Tangerine Pearl guitars I own are the only ones I have ever seen, I think!

GWDavis28

I almost pulled the trigger on one as well, but it had a non matching headstock.

Glenn |B)

mikeller

Mike, I might have bought that one. See the last photo above. Silo Special in Tangerine Pearl. I gotta believe there were not many. The three Tangerine Pearl guitars I own are the only ones I have ever seen, I think!
Jeff - was that on Reverb?

mikeller

dibart77

Jeff - was that on Reverb?

Nope. I bought the Tangerine Pearl Silo Special in 2014 on eBay for... drumroll... $820 shipped! Ha! Those were the days!

Mike, I think you and I were eyeballing the same one, was it this one?

Glenn |B)

Glenn that Luke II on eBay is indeed this one. And the Candy Red Luke 2 was the same seller.

fbecir

Great colour ! (or color ... I never know, at school I learned the English spelling but I feel some people here disagree)

GWDavis28

Nope. I bought the Tangerine Pearl Silo Special in 2014 on eBay for... drumroll... $820 shipped! Ha! Those were the days!

Glenn that Luke II on eBay is indeed this one. And the Candy Red Luke 2 was the same seller.
DAMN Jeff, those are great snags for sure. $820 shipped HOLY CRAP!!

Your my hero!!!

Glenn |B)

Top Bottom