• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Sleeping At Sea

I am shaking my head right now. I just picked up my Valentine and found a chip on the bridge cover, the string facing side. I have no idea how this even happened! I was playing it last night and didn't notice it at all. Grr.

How exactly do you remove these covers? Am I able to buy a replacement for it? I live in Australia so I'll contact the CMC Music and see but would like to get your insight!
Thanks!

! bridge.JPG

racerx

Yep - Billy/Customer Service can get another one sent out to you. I think they're about 50-60 bucks. There are two hex screws on the butt of the bridge cover that come out to remove/add on the bridge.

Sleeping At Sea

Yep - Billy/Customer Service can get another one sent out to you. I think they're about 50-60 bucks. There are two hex screws on the butt of the bridge cover that come out to remove/add on the bridge.
Awesome! Ah good news. Thanks!

moxsi

I think on a vibrato unit like this the attachment screws are underneath, so the backplate has to be removed to access them.

Sleeping At Sea

Hey all,
My replacement part should be here next week. Just wanted to check, to remove the trem bridge is it just as easy as removing the strings then removing the springs and it should slide out? Not done this before.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Top Bottom