• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

1neeto

Really sad about the news but the man lived doing what he loved until the day he died.

The thrill is gone, but your legacy will live on forever Mr. King.

Coffeemug

The King has passed away - RIP B.B. King

Today is a very sad day. I just heard that the great B.B. King passed away in Las Vegas at the age of 89 and I'm a bit shocked right now. One of the greatest guitar players of all time in my book and a great person that will be sorely missed, not only for his playing but for being such an inspiration on so many levels. RIP :(

DrKev

Somewhere between Paris, Dublin, and Buffalo
Very sad indeed. I've been looking at his playing lately with some of my guitar students. Trying to teach them some style and space in their playing.

I saw him in Dublin back in 1994, big open-air gig in the middle of the city (at College Green). Thousands came out to see him. His guitar playing was of course wonderful, as always, but voice was what I remember most. One of the giants of 20th century music, his influence on popular culture and music will live on.

straycat113

I happened to be channel surfing on the TV the other day when I landed on that raggedy gossip show 'TMZ', as they had a picture of BB in a hospital bed with his eyes closed and I could tell the end was here. They were talking about how family members were already fighting over his money and I felt like kicking the screen in as they have no shame. I honestly didn't appreciate how amazing a player he truly was until my late 20's early 30's. A few years later they put out a VHS 3 tape set that featured a lot of live studio playing, as well as him sitting with some music scholar talking about his influences and style.I will say he knew a lot more about theory and the fret -board then he ever let on. Also it was truly mind boggling just how much he could pullout of the 'BB Box' that he made so famous. He sounded so different because he rarely bended with his ring finger and most of his bends (even wider then two whole steps were done with his index finger)=Ouch! I guess we all had a favorite out of the 3 Kings and mine was Freddie, but no one could play a 16 bar Blues like BB! I guess Buddy Guy is now the Elder Statesmen of the last of the true Bluesmen from an era long ago that I am scared is going to become extinct if the younger guys really don't band together. RIP BB- it was one hell of a ride!

Top Bottom