• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

zyx345

The fretboard on my new Petrucci appears to be a little dry. The back of the neck is fine still very slick & satiny. There is a bit of white residue on the board as well from when I first got it.

I looked into the FAQ section on the EB MM site & will be picking up some birchwood casey oil & wax for the winter months for the back of the neck.

If the fretboard is dry would Lemon Oil condition it or should Lemon Oil only be used to clean?

Also I've heard that Rosewood Oil can be used to condition rosewood boards. Anyone have any experience using this?

Thanks.

kbaim

I just use a quick spritz of FINGEREASE by tone every month or so on the fretboard and then wipe it down with my fretting hand.

Works great for me. Some people love it, others don't.

Makes for a much easier neck to play imo.

KEITH

kbaim

Yup. Sans rag.

Light, quick spray. Then work into fretboard with a finger or two.

Takes about 11 seconds.

KEITH

puppiesonacid

i've heard that stuff i horrible for fretboards. I use Bore Oil on my guitars becuase i was told by a setup guru around here that it was the purest thing to put on your fret board. idk.. maybe i doooped but... it works good for me. You shouldnt really have to do it unless its during the winter. I usually do it a few times a year... when it looks try or whenever i feel like really giving my guitar a good cleaning/setup. idk hope this helps

God bless,

Tony

Top Bottom