• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Vortigen

Hey guys, I own a 2020 Sabre that is a joy to play from a feel perspective but the pickups are a little disappointing. I am thinking about having them replaced. Has anyone had good results with any particular brand?

I play mostly classic metal and generally don’t tune lower than D standard. I love a harmonically rich sounding pickup.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Sabre? Maybe try Suhr Aldrich or Pariah Blackheart ...I’m planning on picking up a Sabre but also read the pup sound mellow , wish they where the same one in the Axis

Ventanaman

Suhr Aldrich already mentioned, but it is pretty compressed. I think the Suhr SSH+ is great for classic hard rock or metal. The DiMarzio AT-1 is another one to check out. I am told it is now closer to original Axis humbuckers than the Tone Zone. YMMV.

I have a pair of Bare Knuckle Polymaths inbound to try out in an Axis SS - should be interesting, and would work very well for metal (but stupidly expensive).

jlf599

Suhr Aldrich already mentioned, but it is pretty compressed. I think the Suhr SSH+ is great for classic hard rock or metal. The DiMarzio AT-1 is another one to check out. I am told it is now closer to original Axis humbuckers than the Tone Zone. YMMV.

I have a pair of Bare Knuckle Polymaths inbound to try out in an Axis SS - should be interesting, and would work very well for metal (but stupidly expensive).
Off topic - but if you want to sell the Axis pickups, let me know!

J

Top Bottom