• Sterling by MusicMan

kimonostereo

Yay! Moar updates!
Welcome to the Sterling by Music Man Website

Noticed these differences between the MM Cutlass vs. SBMM Cutlass
Body wood: Alder vs Basswood
Neck Radius: 10" vs 12"

SBMM has seafoam and fiesta red colors.

Also EBMM version has stainless steel frets and silent circuit w/ transparent buffered output.

I wonder how close the neck on the SBMM will be to the EBMM Cutlass? The different radius is interesting!

Last edited:

banjoplayer

yeah you mentioned some interesting points! I also have a SBMM Cutlass in mind and noticed the differences. The pickups won't be the same too at that price. So I am really curious if it will be a budget guitar or a real option

dav

Brian!!!
Good to have news from you and your staff!!!
Those new guitars looks amazing!!!!

Do you know when they will be available in Europe?

Cello

Hi, great the cutlass!! I was asking to myself waht is the meaning about USA/CANADA for the SUB series, is only concerning electronic parts and pickups?

Many thanks

Rafterman

I just reviewed the new website. I'm confused about options on specific models. If I was going to get an Albert Lee.....Is it still available with MM P90s in a different color........or will it only be available in the red color from now on? Thanks

Coffeemug

^ I take it you're referring to the "Ernie Ball Music Man" website rather than the "Sterling by Music Man" website as the Albert Lee model is not available from Sterling.

If you're interested in the AL, the MM90 model has been discontinued (and so have the color choices for this model, the hardtail and piezo options) as of 31st of October, 2015.

The website accurately shows the model as it is currently available: SSS with tremolo in the best of all colors (Pinkburst).

Coffeemug

To get back on topic:

The new Sterling models sure look very interesting! I'm keen on checking out a cutlass to get an impression of the shape and character - not sure what the price of the Sterling version will look like over here in Europe but the US pricing makes it a very tempting option, especially given the quality one can expect from Sterling.

SBMM

The Cutlass and Stingray guitars are available now at GC/MF. They have the exclusive finishes of:

Cutlass - Three Tone Sunburst, Surf Green
Stingray - Three Tone Sunburst

All other retailers in the USA will be carrying:

Cutlass - Black, Olympic White, Fiesta Red
Stingray - Black.

USA Street Price on BOTH of these models: $499, but will not include a gig bag.

SBMM Majesty - Will be available starting in late June/early July. USA Street Price $799!
SBMM JP150/157 - Will be available en masse May, with a VERY SELECT FEW being leaked out to a very short list of Independent Dealers in late February :)

Johnny Alien

I still can't find them on the MF website. Their search actually kinda sucks though so maybe that is why. If someone sees it there I would love a link.

Johnny Alien

The Cutlass and Stingray guitars are available now at GC/MF. They have the exclusive finishes of:

Cutlass - Three Tone Sunburst, Surf Green
Stingray - Three Tone Sunburst

All other retailers in the USA will be carrying:

Cutlass - Black, Olympic White, Fiesta Red
Stingray - Black.

USA Street Price on BOTH of these models: $499, but will not include a gig bag.

SBMM Majesty - Will be available starting in late June/early July. USA Street Price $799!
SBMM JP150/157 - Will be available en masse May, with a VERY SELECT FEW being leaked out to a very short list of Independent Dealers in late February :)

I have been checking MF pretty frequently and even spoke to a few reps. I have never seen them show in stock and non one seems to know if there are any on order. Any idea when these are going to actually hit MF? Have there been some issues getting the stock out?

SBMM

Checking into this as we type.
Builds were sent to them months ago (I'm the one who creates the builds :) ) and the Cutlass and StingRay are in stock in the stores.

Top Bottom