• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

NLANLA

Hi fellow players, I was wondering if somebody could shed some light on the Floyd that's installed on the Sterlong JP160.

It's branded "Sterling", so I figure it's an in-house version of the FR, but which model ? Also, what - if any - are the differences in quality ? Thanks in advance !

GTR_Hamster

Hi fellow players, I was wondering if somebody could shed some light on the Floyd that's installed on the Sterlong JP160.

It's branded "Sterling", so I figure it's an in-house version of the FR, but which model ? Also, what - if any - are the differences in quality ? Thanks in advance !
I've spent some time looking into this today (I recently acquired a JP160 and may replace the trem). Near as I can tell it's a version of the FR 1000 Series Pro (Low Profile).

Here is a link to the Stew Mac page: Floyd Rose 1000 Series Pro (Low-profile) Tremolo System - StewMac

I contacted Sterling by Music Man support and they said they don't sell replacement bridges, but I'm 90% sure this is the right replacement. No idea about quality relative to the Sterling. I assume the FR would be as good or better.

Top Bottom