• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

gtrnut22

Question for anyone familiar with the trem arms on the Sterling by Musicman Petrucci guitars: Is there any method to have the trem arm fit tighter inside the hole other than by tightening the adjustment allen screw?

My issue is that I've tightened the adjustment screw, but the trem arm still knocks back and forth at the bottom of the hole. I think the only feasible way to stop that is to thicken the bar at the bottom, by putting some type of teflon tape or similar material on it. Curious if anyone has a fix for the trem arm knocking around inside the hole when being used.

jayjayjay

I understand there are two adjustment screws, at least on EBMM guitars - one at the bottom of the trem block that controls the vertical movement, and one on the side of the trem block, accessible when you lift the bridge under the trem plate. Have you adjusted both of those?

Only Sterling I have is an Axis, and they don't have any grub screws, it's just a straight up screw-in arm, like a Strat. Except that it doesn't have a tension spring like a Strat, so I have to use pipe tape.

Etudica

Bottom Grub Screw Adjustment

This is for a JP and not Majesty, but I would think it would be similar. I don't have a Majesty yet so can't be 100% sure. But adjusting the bottom grub screw helped with my lateral movement of the arm shaft in the slot on my JPs

Top Bottom