• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Juan1

Since the Sterling website lacks most specs on the Mariposa, I thought I'd add some here:

Neck pickup: 7.9k with a .047 uF cap between the power wire and the pot to cut the lows. I assume this pickup is hotter than the bridge because the cap reduces the volume.

Bridge pickup: 7.5k.

Pots: 500k Alpha mini pots. There is a cap (331) and resistor (75k) in parallel between the input and output lug to act as a small treble bleed.

Neck:
Depth from fingerboard to the back of the neck at the 1st and 12th fret: .82", .85"
Fretboard width at the 1st and 12th fret: 1.72", 2.07"
The neck feels like it goes from a D shape with a bigger shoulder to a C shape with little shoulder as you move up the neck.

Frets
Height: .046"
Width: .095"

Juan1

Another data point: the stock routes and pickups are low profile. Both appear to be neck pickups (thinner), and about .84" from mounting base to pickup top (ignoring pole screws). Many pickups are .9"-1.0" tall, and additional routing is required to make them fit.

GVC

Does anyone have the north and south wiring of each coil? The pickups appear to be 4 conductor type. I would like to try parallel and coil splits since the overall tone is quite dark.

Top Bottom