• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

mzLadd

I ordered a Stingray RS amberburst maple fretboard from Sweetwater on 12/2/21. Anyone know the usual wait time for production. My sales rep told late January to early February . i suppose it will be a 2022 model 😎

racerx

I'm not sure but enjoy. I love my Stingrays and if its your first, then you're in for a treat!

PeteDuBaldo

The wait time will depend upon whether or not the dealer already had the model scheduled for production, or if they are doing a fresh order for you. Per my conversation with the factory on Dec 13, 2021, new order production schedule is currently Q3 for anything with a top, Q4 for all other guitars . January 2023 for basses!

tbonesullivan

I just wanted to check in on this to be sure I understood.
Does this mean that there will be no new Stingray Basses produced until 2023?
For "new orders" that haven't been placed yet. That just means that there are that many basses on order already "in the pipeline".

Jim C

Wow!! Is this supply chain related or just a different way of doing things at the factory?
If the former, I wonder what material is in short supply.

tbonesullivan

Wow!! Is this supply chain related or just a different way of doing things at the factory?
If the former, I wonder what material is in short supply.
A bit of both probably. Covid restrictions are still causing issues, and the supply chain issues as well.

However there is also unprecedented demand right now. Many other companies are in the same situation. By mid 2021 Gibson was already well into 2022 in terms of delivery.

Top Bottom