• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

clo187

Hey guys I'm thinking about upgrading my current rig (Boss GT-10 into Roland Cube 30x), cause I want a system that will do my LIII justice. I currently play a really wide variety of music including fusion, rock, metal, jazz, latin and blues, and I'm also looking to buy a 7-string guitar in the future. I spoke to my friends about this and they suggested that I look into an Axe Fx (II). Seeing as I haven't really made up my mind yet, could any of you good people suggest an similarly priced amp (including cab) that would be just as versatile?

Many Thanks

ksandvik

Maybe a Mesa Boogie Mark V with suitable 2x12 or 4x12 cab. Price-wise it would be about the same compared with AXE FX II in combination with a good self-powered speaker.

If you want something less powerful but usable for most typical gigs, look at the new Mesa Boogie Mini Marks and Mini Rectifiers, 25W is plenty for most gigs where you don't need lots and lots of stage volume.

Mesa Boogies are basically the modern rock sound -- I tried to stay away from them (to sound different) for a while but gave up as they are good.

Top Bottom