• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

dave1812

OMG. That Neck has got to be the most Beautiful Flamed Maple Neck EVER!
I wish that was my Starry Night JP's Neck.
Price ain't too bad for EBMMs in Europe. I got non of my Music Man's for less than 3K €

It almost looks like they put the Neck on the Wrong Guitar, with the Body being so plain and boring in comparison

smd24fan

That neck figuring is some of the very best I've seen. If that were in Syracuse, NY it would be mine!

TripHazard

Yep, Brexit has screwed us royally. Killed off me getting another till the currency gets back to where it used to be.

Craiguitar

Easy as it is to blame 'Brexit' for everything, and people frequently do, the prices have changed little since before the vote. VAT and import duties caused the prices to be high beforehand, so it's basically no different. We (myself included) moan about it and have done for years, but we have it easy compared to other countries, Australia as one example where they get majorly ripped off all the time with imports. Crazy.

steevo

So brexit is to blame for you not being able to afforda a guitar? Yeah right.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

TripHazard

No [Insult deleted], Brexit damaged the currency exchange and caused the price to rise. The price is different between now and when I bought my Cutlass based on conversations with the store I bought it from and just from looking online.

Music Man Cutlass Vintage Turquoise RW Electric Guitar - Guitar.co.uk

1779 - I paid 1420

So a 360 quid more now since my purchase in April

(Guitar Guitar has one at 1600 - I believe a pre-Brexit stock purchase)

It would be more accurate to say I can afford it but choose not to pay it since Brexit means I pay more to get the same. So put your tone away

Last edited:

Movielife

No asshat, Brexit damaged the currency exchange and caused the price to rise. The price is different between now and when I bought my Cutlass based on conversations with the store I bought it from and just from looking online.

Music Man Cutlass Vintage Turquoise RW Electric Guitar - Guitar.co.uk

1779 - I paid 1420

So a 360 quid more now since my purchase in April

(Guitar Guitar has one at 1600 - I believe a pre-Brexit stock purchase)

It would be more accurate to say I can afford it but choose not to pay it since Brexit means I pay more to get the same. So put your tone away

Exactly. Nothing to do with Musicman or the dealer; I can certainly buy one, but for example the Valentine has gone £350+ SINCE we voted out. Anderstons even had a blog about guitars etc going up due to the £, not anything to do with EBMM.

kestrou

Beautiful! Shame we voted out and now we pay the price (I say we but I didn't). £ is doomed!

The UK economy grew by 0.6% in the last quarter - that's faster than the US or any other major economy - suck it up buy the guitar already! :)

Kevin

beej

Let's have a bit of respect please. TrapperJ - insults are not acceptable here. Please edit your response.

TripHazard

Ok. I believe Steevo should reign in his condescending tone too, as it too lacks respect.

Last edited:

Astrofreq

I did not mean for this thread to turn into a debate about brexit. We're all friends here. :)

If it helps cool down the debating, I bought the guitar. :)

TripHazard

Now we're talking. Happy playing - hope it feels as sweet as it looks. Gotta say, that natural finish didn't grab me when i first saw it in the NAMM pics, but the more i see it, the better it looks. Here's a question - what amp will you be playing it through?

Astrofreq

Now we're talking. Happy playing - hope it feels as sweet as it looks. Gotta say, that natural finish didn't grab me when i first saw it in the NAMM pics, but the more i see it, the better it looks. Here's a question - what amp will you be playing it through?

I understand, I used to not like 'plain wood' color either. lol. Now I LOVE the look of it. :)

Top Bottom