• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

edhalen

Two is better! Will be delivered next week. This deal was too good to pass up. Only have a crappy pic for now but will add more after I get it and give it the once over :). And yes, that's what I paid for it :). Specs:
Serial #G33049
ManufacturedMarch 30th, 2007
Build Code310-75-10-00-CS-CR
ModelAxis Super Sport HH Hardtail
ColorBlack Cherry Burst
NeckMaple Neck Maple Fretboard
PickguardNo Pickguard
Hardware
Chrome Hardware
AxisSSHT.jpg

edhalen

Nice find. That photo definitely doesn't do the finish justice. I had a similar guitar sold to another member here last year for similar money.

View attachment 41407
Yeah it's a crappy pic for sure :). I didn't feel like bugging the GC staff for more. Listed in "Great" condition. No worries if I have to put in a little elbow grease i.e. wonder wipe, fret and body polish, etc. I fully expect to. In fact that's half the fun. Pretty stoked. HT's are the way for me nowadays. I have my AX4 for floyd fun if need be ;) I've had an attitude regarding the thinner nut size and smallish necks of most EBMM's lately. I recently watched a video of Jamie Humphries playing an Axis. That dude is much taller than me and has larger hands than I do and I thought "if he can play one I sure as hell can!" Saw this today and jumped on it.

EDIT....seeing that pic of your old one makes me think I'm going to buy a set of DiMarzio chrome covers for it. Looks much better to me that way.

2mdude

HT's are the way for me nowadays.
This. It started when I developed a penchant for Telecasters years ago. My old American Strat's an HT as is the Valentine (my only EBMM at the moment). Particularly fond of string thru body setups. Anything to get more body resonance.

Yeah it's a crappy pic for sure :). I didn't feel like bugging the GC staff for more. Listed in "Great" condition. No worries
Not too much that can't be removed with polish if it hasn't been treated like a farm animal. I have a lot of "favorite" fiddle colors but I think the EBMM Black Cherry Burst is a classic and one of my true favorites. It looks great and fits in visually no matter what kind of music you play.

2mdude

EDIT....seeing that pic of your old one makes me think I'm going to buy a set of DiMarzio chrome covers for it. Looks much better to me that way.
They do add a little something to the "classy" look. I've owned 4 EBMM guitars (amateur, I know) and they were all lovely to look at, but the richness and depth of that BCB with the chrome accoutrements always gave my naughty bits an extra tickle.

Tollywood

Looks like the guitar doesn't have its original pickups in it. Did you ask, or did they tell you?
You have a good eye. Hopefully they flipped the original neck pickup for some unknown reason. But since the Axis pickups are worth their weight in gold I am guessing that you are right.

headcrash

You have a good eye. Hopefully they flipped the original neck pickup for some unknown reason. But since the Axis pickups are worth their weight in gold I am guessing that you are right.
Haha, I didn't see that! I just saw the shiny mounting lugs, which is a sign for potential aftermarket pickups.

edhalen

@headcrash is correct - they are not the stock pick ups. They didn't tell me (GC would never pull pick ups and check on their own. They only way they'd know is if the person who sold it to them told them or I asked them to pull them. Even then I don't know if they would) and I didn't think to ask...not that knowing that would have changed things given the price I paid :). Within the past few weeks I actually scored a set of original Axis pups - new ones in fact - which are getting chrome covers and installed into the guitar. I was going to have them put into my Morse BFR but as soon as I realized the pups in this guitar weren't original I knew I needed to change it up. The ASS will also get some chrome knobs. So, everything will work out just fine. I played it for a few minutes yesterday before taking it in and it feels like an old pair of jeans. Broken in and glorious :) It's in really good condition for a 16 year old guitar. BTW - the bridge pup was a Friedman Classic Hum Bridge and the neck is what appears to be an offshore pick up - just has an 'N' stamped on the back. No s/n or anything. I'll admit I didn't notice the pups from the crappy pic. I was surprised to find they weren't original. But, like I said, all will be right very soon :) A few pics. I'll post a full set once I get it back from the shop. Now, what to do with the Morse BFR...maybe I'll leave it stock. A set of SD Pearly Gates would smoke in that guitar :).

ASS2FULL.jpg ASS1pups.jpg

Last edited:

GWDavis28

Looks excellent, can't wait to see the covered pups and knobs on that it's going to be killer!!!!!

Glenn |B)

Tollywood

The top is beautiful. I agree that your Axis pickups belong in this guitar. Your Morse will have to get something else.

Replacement pickup selection is a daunting task. There are so many great choices.

edhalen

The top is beautiful. I agree that your Axis pickups belong in this guitar. Your Morse will have to get something else.

Replacement pickup selection is a daunting task. There are so many great choices.
Actually, back when I had the Tahitian Blue Morse BFR I had a set of SD Pearly Gates installed in it. Sounded incredible. Real "sizzly". Loved them. I think I'll go that route. It is, after all, the best LP ever made :)

2mdude

Axis pups - new ones in fact - which are getting chrome covers and installed into the guitar. I was going to have them put into my Morse BFR but as soon as I realized the pups in this guitar weren't original I knew I needed to change it up. The ASS will also get some chrome knobs
Gonna look sharp, for sure. (y) Really like the feathering in that bookmatched top.

Sweat

Nice ,looks great and oh Pearly Gates are awesome. If you can get to the DIGF in May Seymour Duncan always has a booth and you can score great deals on the pups they bring with them

Top Bottom