• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

PeterVV

I am toying with the idea of swapping out the bridge for a HSP90. Has anyone done this, and does anyone know what the reading is of the standard pickups ( the single coil and humbucker )?

PeterVV

Obviously noone has, lol.
Anyway, I swapped the hot single coil for a HSP90 and I couldnt be happier. Its quieter, no feedback with gain when I am close to the amp,

CLund

Just picked up a Valentine myself. Your idea to install a HSP90 is very intriguing. I put a HSP90 Bare Knuckle Mississippi Queen in the neck of my PRS and it’s my favorite pickup in ANY of my guitars. Can I ask what pickup you choose? And does the silent circuit work well with it?

PeterVV

In the end I went with the Blue Note, as it was nearer the output of the humbucker. Works well with the silent cct. You will have to splice the wires as the cct board connections are very small and beyond most peoples capabilities for micro pcb soldering.

moyers

Are you interested in selling the single coil from your Valentine? I love that pickup and wouldn’t mind having another. Thanks!

Sleeping At Sea

In the end I went with the Blue Note, as it was nearer the output of the humbucker. Works well with the silent cct. You will have to splice the wires as the cct board connections are very small and beyond most peoples capabilities for micro pcb soldering.
I've come to the conclusion that I'm not finding the bridge pickup in my Valentine very suitable for my playing so am going to get it changed out. Just having a look at the Blue Note you went with, how did this go getting put in? It's a smaller pickup size correct?

Sleeping At Sea

The Blue Note is from BKP's line of humbucker sized P90s so it should work fine with the existing pickup rings.
Thank-you! I thought it must be the case however looking at pictures I wasn't sure. I've seen a few other guitarists switching theirs out for a Lollar Imperial or DiMarzio Super Distortion so might look into these also.
Ideally looking for something more balanced that's great for rock and a bit of high gain/leads.

Top Bottom