• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

montana

i purchased a used stingray 4-string two days ago. the guys at the shop i bought it from were unsure of the year, said it "might be a '91". is the 5-digit number stamped on the bridge the serial number? that number is 46366. also, the neck plate has four bolts, but i see on the website for the stingray that they are made with a six bolt neckplate. all of the hardware on the bass has the musicman logo stamped into it, and i can't see where any modifications have been made, so i'm curious for any and all identity type info i can get for this bass. it's black w/ white pickguard and rosewood fretboard. THANKS!

Greg

Ernie Ball Customer Service
We have no record of a Black/ Rswd Stingray with that number. We do show a White/ Maple Stingray built in 10/95, however that bass would have a 6 bolt neck. We haven't use the 4 bolts since '89-90.

Because we have no control over these instruments once they leave the factory, anything can happen. You might try removing the neck and looking for markings inside the neck pocket, or on the neck itself.

Thanks,
Greg

Top Bottom