• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

gece

Hello,
I just bought an MVP volume pedal and I wonder where to place it in my pedal chain.
My pedal chain is as follows:
- Beano Boost Treble Booster -> Tube Screamer -> BO Effect Big Trouble (distortion pedal - Proco Rat clone made in France) -> BO Effect 67 Ge (fuzz pedal) before the preamp
- Boss DM-2W (delay) in the loop.
I would appreciate it very much if someone using this volume pedal could give me some advice.
Many thanks in advance

Last edited:

DrKev

Somewhere between Paris, Dublin, and Buffalo
It really depends on what you want it to do. I think the thing to remember is how it will affect distortion and overdrive. Place it before OD pedals and it will reduce gain before it reduces volume (and the more distortion you have the more noticeable this will be). Place it after OD or distortion pedals and their level of distortion will stay the same but their overall volume will change.

If you place it in the loop before the delay, you will reduce the volume of the amplifier without changing the level of distortion and without changing the volume of echos that were already happening. If you place it after the delay pedal, it will act as a master volume control for everything. Best thing to do is try it in a few different places and see what you like.

Top Bottom