• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

dmarotta

I've played these basses twice now and I am knocked out by the huge sound. The playability is excellent with familiar MM spacing .The compactness encourages you to fly all over this thing.It may fit in a guitar gig bag but will definitely fit in an overhead bin while flying.Somehow they managed to keep the string tension just right despite the shorter scale.This is a winner! Its
This is sort of my baby Im knocked out by it and so are the palyers who got a preview

RobertB

This sounds great! Can't wait to play one. Logging in after a LONG "life happens" hiatus. Great to see so many familiar names. Looking forward to catching up on the latest offerings.

liverbird

RobertB, nice to see you back!

Didn't you originally own this?

sA8RRxG.png

Well, after a few years of residing in Spain it eventually found its way to me. Great bass!

(Apologies for the hijack.)

RobertB

Thanks, liverbird. Wow, yes. What a beauty, and what a fun day it was the day I bought it. It was at a show/event in L.A. Got to meet BP and a guy from the forum who was a regular at the time, Rex - not sure if he's still around. Hard to believe how long ago that was, already. Crazy. Thanks for saying hi and for posting the pic. Made me happy to see it. That's the thing with these basses - they bring us a lot of joy, you know? I've got my eye on something very similar over at Sweetwater.

Karl

RobertB, nice to see you back!

Didn't you originally own this?

sA8RRxG.png

Well, after a few years of residing in Spain it eventually found its way to me. Great bass!

(Apologies for the hijack.)

Can we move this post as it doesn't belong here. Forum rules apply!

RobertB

Looking at the description for this guy again, I hadn't noticed before that it will be passive. With the 3 switched pickup output options and the bass boost, this should be something really unique and cool, even before factoring in the 30 inch scale. I'm really looking forward to trying that out. I've always found that to have a great effect on playability. I've always assumed that that's not only because of the shorter fret width, but also because it seems to me that a shorter string needs a lower tension to resonate at the same frequency as a longer string of the same gauge, making it more "bendy". That may not be accurate, but would seem to make sense to me.

Tollywood

This is a wonderful offering.

My sons are men now but my youngest was playing a regular scale Big Al when he was just a little 11 year old boy. The shorter scale would have been easier for his hands. That being said, he did just fine. But, this is a great addition to the ebmm lineup.

Edmang

Is it true that these short scales were already available for pre-order and the limited run is already sold out? If so hope that means there was enough interest that they will become a regular offering.

mbell75

Is it true that these short scales were already available for pre-order and the limited run is already sold out? If so hope that means there was enough interest that they will become a regular offering.

Yes, the initial run was very limited. The actual release is in October from what I have seen.

DespotSteve

I have one on order through Sweetwater. I assume these will come with a hard case like all of the other EBMM basses, does anyone know if the case will also be scaled down?

Mihayloff

I have one on order through Sweetwater. I assume these will come with a hard case like all of the other EBMM basses, does anyone know if the case will also be scaled down?

I asked Joel at Ernie Ball about this. The exterior of the case is standard size but the inner cavity has a custom cut-out to accommodate the downsized body. You might be getting yours prior to the September release date. These trickle in to them rather than all the orders arriving at once. I was the first one to order it through Sweetwater and they got their first one this past week and it's currently in transit to my eager hands.

Last edited:

Mihayloff

I received my bass today. It's a blast to play. It doesn't lack any tonal substance as one might expect from a short scale. I need to keep fiddling around with the tonal options as there are a lot of them. I was mistaken in my earlier post about the case. The outside of the case is also scaled down, not just the cavity, which is how it should be. You'll enjoy this little beast.

Grugenhagen

I received my bass today. It's a blast to play. It doesn't lack any tonal substance as one might expect from a short scale. I need to keep fiddling around with the tonal options as there are a lot of them. I was mistaken in my earlier post about the case. The outside of the case is also scaled down, not just the cavity, which is how it should be. You'll enjoy this little beast.

Congrats! We need pics!

I was able to get the last pre-order slot Sweetwater had for these. Can't wait until mine arrives.

Fro

I’m thinking I’d like to have one of these short scale basses in blue, but I’m not seeing them for sale anywhere. Must have sold all of the preorders pretty quickly.

Edmang

I’m thinking I’d like to have one of these short scale basses in blue, but I’m not seeing them for sale anywhere. Must have sold all of the preorders pretty quickly.

I was able to get the last pre-order slot Sweetwater had for these. Can't wait until mine arrives.

I ordered mine months ago at Sweetwater. Went with the burgundy. At the time was told they only had a few left for pre-order. Looks like Grugenhagen got the last one there.

Top Bottom