• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Ted

I really love the AL in the Firemist Silver but it says it would take about 4 months to deliver.
I feel your pain. The guitar I really wanted to be my first EBMM guitar was an Albert Lee HH in Emerald City back in 2022. I was going to try to get it through a dealer, but then realized it could only be gotten through the Vault. I was ready to buy it but then the price of it went up a couple hundred bucks and that irked me. The other guitar that I was interested in was the Pine Green Valentine BFR-- and really it was mostly only because pine green is my all time favorite color. I went back and forth I figured if I could get a dealer to knock some off of a BFR and get a better deal on it than a standard AL at a set price-- and I did get a deal on the Valentine-- then that's the direction I would go in. Ended up loving the Valentine far more than I ever thought I would. (Yes, I chose the one with my favorite color over the model I liked better, haha)

Still would like to get an Albert Lee in Emerald City- but it's like there are none floating around in the wild. Not even any photos of them posted by an owner-- just the pics sourced from the EBMM website. I found one on Reverb used for a nice price once-- after it had already sold. I'd rather get a used one, because with inflation I just can't drop 3K on a new one when I could get a nice deal on something else in a different color for closer to 2k. Going through a dealer you have a chance of getting a deal. The Vault not so much.

Also, if you want a Firemist Silver AL SSS right now there's one on Reverb for $2000 used in excellent condition. I checked the serial number and it was built in 2021. No mention of the weight but you could message the seller.

Last edited:

daneford

I feel your pain. The guitar I really wanted to be my first EBMM guitar was an Albert Lee HH in Emerald City back in 2022. I was going to try to get it through a dealer, but then realized it could only be gotten through the Vault. I was ready to buy it but then the price of it went up a couple hundred bucks and that irked me. The other guitar that I was interested in was the Pine Green Valentine BFR-- and really it was mostly only because pine green is my all time favorite color. I went back and forth I figured if I could get a dealer to knock some off of a BFR and get a better deal on it than a standard AL at a set price-- and I did get a deal on the Valentine-- then that's the direction I would go in. Ended up loving the Valentine far more than I ever thought I would. (Yes, I chose the one with my favorite color over the model I liked better, haha)

Still would like to get an Albert Lee in Emerald City- but it's like there are none floating around in the wild. Not even any photos of them posted by an owner-- just the pics sourced from the EBMM website. I found one on Reverb used for a nice price once-- after it had already sold. I'd rather get a used one, because with inflation I just can't drop 3K on a new one when I could get a nice deal on something else in a different color for closer to 2k. Going through a dealer you have a chance of getting a deal. The Vault not so much.

Also, if you want a Firemist Silver AL SSS right now there's one on Reverb for $2000 used in excellent condition. I checked the serial number and it was built in 2021. No mention of the weight but you could message the seller.

This guitar is also listed in TGP for slightly less. No sales tax either.

blueruins

Thank you all...not what I wanted to hear but first world problems right?

I actually did contact this seller and the weight is heavier than I need. Beautiful guitar though.

This will now become a stalking guitar sufari...I'm sure a suitable Albert Lee will surface before too long. Having a hard time wrapping my mind around the pricing as I bought my last AL many moons ago for @$800😅

Oh, and @Ted I'll keep my eyes open for an Emerald City while I hunt and keep you posted.

Ted

This guitar is also listed in TGP for slightly less. No sales tax either.
Is it an Albert Lee? The only thing I found was a Firemist Cutlass for $1900.

The thing about sales tax.... did Reverb always charge that? The sales tax has been the dealbreaker for me every time I put something into my cart. Inflation has already gotten so bad-- and the extra sales charge on top of that just kills it for me. I don't know who does or doesn't charge sales tax.... what are some good venues besides Reverb?

jlf599

The thing about sales tax.... did Reverb always charge that? The sales tax has been the dealbreaker for me every time I put something into my cart. Inflation has already gotten so bad-- and the extra sales charge on top of that just kills it for me. I don't know who does or doesn't charge sales tax.... what are some good venues besides Reverb?

The Gear Page is a place I use. Still on the hunt for others.

I don't think Reverb had a choice about the sales tax issue, though I could be wrong. I sell there and buy there but it irks me that sales tax has to be collected/charged for a used item from a private party. I could totally get if it was a business, but...

Oh well, not a lot to be done about it.

Ted

The Gear Page is a place I use. Still on the hunt for others.

I don't think Reverb had a choice about the sales tax issue, though I could be wrong. I sell there and buy there but it irks me that sales tax has to be collected/charged for a used item from a private party. I could totally get if it was a business, but...

Oh well, not a lot to be done about it.

On one side I think it levels the playing field somewhat for brick-and-mortar. It's kind of messed up if there's a local store in my city that has an item and it's cheaper for me to buy it from halfway across the country. But of course, a local shop rarely stocks what I want.

Yes, it's ridiculous colllecting sales tax on used items between private individuals.

daneford

It's the second guitar down in this post. Currently 1900.00, down from 2100.00, and he's had it up for months.

I hear you on inflation and taxes. Iirc, Reverb didn't always collect it, but does now. Prices, taxes, and the potential for a paypal 1099 at some point down the road have cut down my buying and selling. I'm much more selective now, and am not buying much of anything.

GWDavis28

There is a guitar I am interested that is on the Ernie Ball Reverb page and the Vault. Is there any advantage to ordering from one over the other?
Not everything in the vault is available thru a dealer. I'd say if you want it and it's available in the vault think about buying it.

What did you see?

Glenn |B)

Top Bottom