• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

GWDavis28

Hello. Please tell me, did you buy this guitar online? Or do you have a store in your city? I would really like to see and compare their guitar models.
There are a lot of smaller local dealers in the US, and then you have the Guitar Centers and the Sweetwaters. Where are you located?

The items in the Vault are coming right from Music Man. The only things that you'll find at local dealers will be the standard models, for the most part.

Glenn |B)

Search Sound

Hello there!

May you explain me please about the Vault operation mode?

I read that new units for sale are displayed every two months.
And what about the current models? Are they also listed in the Vault?
Is it possible to order and buy one of them through the vault website?

Thank you very much, guys!
All the best!

fogman

Hello there!

May you explain me please about the Vault operation mode?

I read that new units for sale are displayed every two months.
And what about the current models? Are they also listed in the Vault?
Is it possible to order and buy one of them through the vault website?

Thank you very much, guys!
All the best!
The Vault is just the place where Music Man will feature special runs, BFRs, or new model introductions. What you see is what you get.
Product will just show up randomly. Sometimes there might just be 1 of the instrument they are featuring... sometimes maybe 50. There's not real rules to it.
If you wish to order one of the current regular models listed on the Music Man website, that currently still has to be done through an authorized Music Man dealer.

Sweat

The Vault is just the place where Music Man will feature special runs, BFRs, or new model introductions. What you see is what you get.
Product will just show up randomly. Sometimes there might just be 1 of the instrument they are featuring... sometimes maybe 50. There's not real rules to it.
If you wish to order one of the current regular models listed on the Music Man website, that currently still has to be done through an authorized Music Man dealer.
As stated true and there are a few models, such as the Silos that can only be purchased in the vault

Search Sound

Thank you very much, fogman!
I understood about the vault.
I will keep one eye on it. By there, it’s more easy to import.
All the best for you!!!

Ted

The only place I ever see non-BFR Albert Lee guitars is also the Vault. Never at an EBMM dealer in the USA. I wish that were not so.

GWDavis28

The only place I ever see non-BFR Albert Lee guitars is also the Vault. Never at an EBMM dealer in the USA. I wish that were not so.
I've seen AL HH's at like GC, but not a lot of them.

Glenn |B)

blueruins

Help me understand The Vault a little better. I really love the AL in the Firemist Silver but it says it would take about 4 months to deliver.

Does this mean that they will be manufacturing a run in 4 months or that it’s essentially a custom order.

Not worried about waiting and I would love to have one but I need to have it very close to 7lbs or under. Is there any way to make sure I could receive one like that?

Apologies if this is obvious..I’m new here. I used to own a beautiful Albert Lee in pink burst and I miss it.

Sweat

Help me understand The Vault a little better. I really love the AL in the Firemist Silver but it says it would take about 4 months to deliver.

Does this mean that they will be manufacturing a run in 4 months or that it’s essentially a custom order.

Not worried about waiting and I would love to have one but I need to have it very close to 7lbs or under. Is there any way to make sure I could receive one like that?

Apologies if this is obvious..I’m new here. I used to own a beautiful Albert Lee in pink burst and I miss it.
Yes they build to order but not really custom , it is built to the same specs as all, and 4 months is an estimate could be more could be less.

My SS I ordered was ready in about two months. And no way to ask for specific weight, it will weigh what it weighs.

Hope this helps, I have ordered three from the vault no issues

dibart77

Help me understand The Vault a little better.

The Vault is basically used for five purposes now:

1) For EBMM to sell "normal production" models that are not generally carried by retailers like Guitar Center, Sweetwater, etc., direct-to-consumer. For example, you can only buy the Silhouette these days in the Vault (retailers can ORDER it for you, I guess, but they don't stock it). EBMM MAY have 1 or 2 in stock at the factory, or you may have to order and wait for it to be built. You can't "customize anything" (so far) in the Vault.

2) For EBMM to sell a limited number of Ball Family Reserve (BFR) models when those are announced. BFRs are sold through retailers, but let's say retailers pre-order a total of 72 units, EBMM might round it up to 75 units and sell 3 direct-to-consumer on the Vault.

3) For EBMM to sell a limited number of special models like the Moonbeam StingRay 5 Special bass, that are also available from retailers, direct-to-consumer.

4) For EBMM to sell "normal" models in unique direct-from-EBMM-only colors. An example is the Kaizen in Bleeding Heart Pink -- that is only available on EBMM Vault, and not from retailers. You can determine this by going to the guitar's detail page on Music Man's main site and as you click on different colors in the OPTIONS box, it will either show all the retailers where that color is available, or it will just show a Vault Buy Now box. These are cool because they're not one-off's like #5 below, but you could call them "few-offs" and most of them will sell way fewer units than a BFR model might have.

5) EBMM makes a lot of prototypes, especially around color options or wood choices. For example, they may try out a new finish called "Showtime" on the Majesty, and they decide, "Nah, that probably won't sell too many." Or maybe JP says, "I hate that color." "Or maybe someone says, "That color was cool but trying to get that special burst right is going to be a real pain in production - let's skip it." Those one offs need to go to one of four places -- (a) sitting around somewhere in the factory taking up precious space; (b) the chopper (where EBMM destroys guitars it doesn't want rather than them getting into people's hands from dumpster divers); (c) the actual Vault in the EBMM factory, where special things stay forever; or (d) onto the Vault store for sale to customers.

I think that's all the scenarios. Did I miss any?

Last edited:

blueruins

Thanks for the feedback😎

I wonder is there a specific retail location that is known as the biggest seller of Music Man guitars? Perhaps the dealer would have enough pull and contacts to request a certain weight?

Would it be possible to order through an authorized vendor like that or only direct from The Vault?

Sweat

Thanks for the feedback😎

I wonder is there a specific retail location that is known as the biggest seller of Music Man guitars? Perhaps the dealer would have enough pull and contacts to request a certain weight?

Would it be possible to order through an authorized vendor like that or only direct from The Vault?
As far as I know the answer is no, when I wanted my Silo Special I asked my preferred dealer if he could get it for me and the answer was no. Again you are not going to be able to request a weight

xjbebop

Thanks for the feedback😎

I'd suggest you contact Pete DuBaldo and see what he says about it... his knowledge is legendary...

Top Bottom