• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

MrMusashi

hehe.. i think ernieball have to show em first ;)

and then make them in numbers... id prepare for a 4 month wait till customers can start showing them off :)

MrM

EBMM7181

Will the Stingray SLO Specials be noted in someway on the headstock or something, or will you just be able to tell by the thin neck. I know I could tell them apart, but just wondering if it was noted anywhere on the bass.

Last edited:

MusicMan4Life38

I really would like to see a picture...

Me to and I can't wait for the video reviews to start going up on You Tube. But it's a Music Man so how could you go wrong?

Ever since the day I tried a Stingray HH at Dee's Music here where I live, I fell in love with the tone from the Stingray. But I absolutely hated the neck as it felt like the fat end of a baseball bat in my hand. My friend who own's Dee's Music suggested the Sterling and although the tone form a Sterling is awesome there is just something about the tone of the Stingray. And when I was told in these forums about the SLO special I was as giddy as a 3 year old at the Hershey Factory lol.

So I am going to start saving for a SLO Special HH Olive Gold with a Gold Swirl pick guard, and a rosewood fingerboard.

I do have a couple of questions though. What would that cost retail? And could I get active/passive functionality and switch on and SLO Special HH?
The SLO isn't limited edition is it?

Anyway a big thank you to Music Man for listening to their customers and making the SLO Special it was greatly appreciated that you did that. :cool:

P.S. not only will this be my first high end bass, this will be my first Music Man.

Last edited:

rizzo9247

The SLO is going to be a special bass, now I'm confused on what to get next :)

On a side note, I haven't seen a company debut so many new models in a short period of time before (sans Saturn's overhaul and new line of auto's a few years back). Kudos to EBMM for taking the chance, and as Leslie Nielsen says, "I just want to tell you both good luck. We're all counting on you."

Kirby

Let me assure you these basses are killer. I have long loved the Stingray body, but favored the Sterling neck for comfort. These are the best of both worlds. I love the two band preamp, the thought of a Sterling neck with this is a win/win for me.

Mogee

Might sound dumb, but wouldn't the pictures look about the ame as any other Ray or Sterling? The neck profile won't make that big a difference in a picture. Or are these going to be in any special color? Maybe I am missing something.

MingusBASS

Might sound dumb, but wouldn't the pictures look about the ame as any other Ray or Sterling? The neck profile won't make that big a difference in a picture. Or are these going to be in any special color? Maybe I am missing something.

You didn't miss a thing. They'll look just like any other Ray but with a Sterling neck. Sometimes we get a little too excited and anxious to see pics.

phatduckk

You didn't miss a thing. They'll look just like any other Ray but with a Sterling neck. Sometimes we get a little too excited and anxious to see pics.

+1

that's what ive been thinking all long... even mentioned it in some other thread. sure, the logo/silk-screen on the headstock will look different otherwise it will look like every other SR youve seen

oli@bass

On a related note, I love the look of the Big Al, but prefer the wider Stingray/Bongo neck. I don't suppose this option may be available for Big Als in future?

+1

It actually would be great to have the neck profile option on any bass fitting the same neck length, i.e. StingRay, Sterling, Big Al, all to be had with either a StingRay or Sterling neck. Hm. Just a thought...

bovinehost

Administrator
What are you guys, guitarists? I've just given them a piece of my mind for asking for EVEN MORE options.

I expect more from you bassists. (Which is probably foolish.)

Jack

Top Bottom