• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

allenk732

So I'm one more payment away from picking up my mint 2011 Axis from my local music shop. I should have it on 6/15. I'm super excited to get it but this past weekend I made a trip over to guitar center to try out a JP6 as I've never played one before and my local shop doesn't have any in stock.

I instantly fell in love.... It was by far the greatest guitar I've ever played. Now I think I made the wrong choice by getting the Axis instead of the JP6 and I'm worried I'll be disappointed.

Has this happened to anyone else?

xjbebop

No worries... it's a common feeling with EBMM guitars. Enjoy your Axis, then add a JP, then you'll want to add a Luke, then an Al, then a.....

Most of us here have done the same thing :)

allenk732

Man if I only had the cash I would be heading to GC to buy it right now!

Now I have to decide if I want to try to trade the axis for a JP or not.... decisions, decisions...

DevRock

I've never played a JP, but I'm pretty sure you won't be disappointed with the AXIS. It's one of the best guitars ever made.

ksandvik

Both are good. But if you prefer JP6 -- mostly due to the necks being different, you need to do a trade or something.

I like my Axis (97), it's a true workhorse rock guitar with versatility.

Coffeemug

I'd say that something like that happened to most of us at one point or another. If I were you I'd look forward to finally getting the Axis (which is an awesome guitar) and then take your time to see how you like it. After a while, in case you feel like you'd prefer the JP, you could always sell the Axis or probably take it in for a part-ex...things like that happen all the time when you're searching for the one that you simply can't do without :)

kestrou

Has this happened to anyone else?

Not exactly THIS - but very similar...

I get a guitar that I've been lusting after - and sometimes even before I have that one in hand, I'm lusting after yet another.

Yup, this happens regularly to me! :)

Kevin

Baggedcereals

Keep the Axis for sure!

like others have said...save for the JP or get one when Sweetwater does the 36 months interest free option.

allenk732

Yea you guys are right.... I'll just hold on to the axis and save for the JP. Unless I just can't click with it then you will probably see it for sale on here :)

ksandvik

It should not be hard to sell a slightly used Axis. Now, I would never sell mine! Found out two day's ago that Oz Noy's favorite guitar is his old Axis.

dud3r

Keep your axis. You can always expand.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Razzle

Not exactly, but I can certainly tell you I prefer the neck of the JP6 over the Axis.

You'll work it out. Don't settle!

Axis-of-Evil

That's a tough situation. I play both and their each excellent guitars. The problem your gonna have is taking a beating on trying to trade it in or if you sell it on your own you may not get what you paid. If money is tight, enjoy the Axis for a while. I play mostly Metal and Rock and they both kick ass for that! If you got the extra bread, sell it and buy a JP6! Either way it sounds like that Axis is yours, so jam on it and enjoy it!!

allenk732

Well I made the last payment today..... Played it before I left the shop and it's pretty damn nice. I still think I would rather have the JP but this will certainly do for now

fatkatz77

I have been in your shoes. I had an Axis traded it for a Fender. Then traded the Fender for an Ibanez Jemand traded that for an Explorer, only to end back up at the Axis once again. Play the Axis for a bit and make sure. You will loose money trading it in or selling it.

Top Bottom