• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

DarthV

Was the Axis used? If so, you probably won't lose much by putting it up for sale when you do decide to 'upgrade' to the JP.

And pics? :)

lifeson1

I play both, and I can tell you that if you don't have both the grass will always be greener on the other side. . . BOTH are epic players. Just don't go near a Majesty, then you'll REALLY be in a pickle :)

yan12

IMHO, EBMM is never the WRONG choice...I have never owned a dud and consider them the best, most consistent guitars you can spend your cash on.
That said, I cannot bond with a JP because the neck is very thin for me. I play an axis. I have smallish hands and when I played 7 strings, it was a JP all the way...thin but wide. A 6 string JP is just too thin for me. But awesome guitars. Take some time with axis and see if you bond.
And good luck!

Bungo

I went down the same road. My first MM was an Axis in about '97 (I think?)

Loved it and played it almost exclusively for about 2 years before trying a black sparkle JP6. Axis then became a fine number 2, until I added some more JPs...

Still got the Axis but I must say, I do find the neck quite hard to play these days as I've got used to the very different dimensions of the JP neck.

All good though, and as others have said, if you do have to chop the Axis in, if you bought it 2nd hand, you shouldn't lose much on it.:cool:

Bob123

Since you purchased one used, unless you grotesquely over payed for it; it should be pretty easy to recoup all (if not most) of what you payed for it.

Most people seem to gravitate towards a single ebmm. For me, the axis is awesome and I can't stand the jp6. Life is short, try the axis for a bit and if you hate it, sell it and get a jp6. Make sure the axis is properly set up though ...

Top Bottom