• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Tx_Greg

Just got it in, unboxed it opened it up, tuned it up, plugged it up, turned it UP!

The good: 1. It's like a brand new guitar. I can't find a pick swirl on the guard even. The GC dude told me that the guy that traded it in had told HIM that his wife had bought it as a surprise back in 2013. He just didn't really love it, but hated to tell her that so he basically cased it and put it under the bed until he traded it in.

2. It has the coil split function, and that really expands things for me. Just in the 10 minutes I've played it so far I'm really liking 2/4 with the split engaged....but I have to be honest, I believe once I dial in the tone on my amp I'm going to love all of 'em.

3. The neck is to die for. Fits my hand and style perfectly.
4. Very very comfortable to hold and play sitting down. One thing I wondered about the AL shape...but it's wonderful.

The Bad:
1. It came in a BFR case, not the original case. Some paperwork in the pocket leads me to believe the case was for a JP6 Piezo model, as there's a piece of paper in there with switching diagrams for that guitar. Not a huge deal, as I won't ever use that case anyway. I have one of the SKB lightweight cases I use and this guitar fits that perfectly. So I'll probably just stow it or sell it off. I did call the store and ask if they'd just switched accidentally, but the guy told me that's the case the fellow brought it in, and he thought it odd as well.
2. Included in the case is a trem arm that is NOT for this guitar. so I'm going to have to reach out to EBMM and see about getting a proper trem arm. Kind of a bummer, as I really was looking forward to getting the bridge floated and playing, but it'll have to wait.

All in all I'm a happy camper. Thanks to all of you who piped in on my original post with your ideas and advice. You have a great forum here, with lots of helpful folks and that's a good thing!

Here's one pic.

TripHazard

Dude, that’s killer. Mines identical bar the tele knobs and coil split .
My HH is my No 1. It would have to be pried out of my cold dead hands. I bought a triple SSS too but the HH is my preference. I’m actually putting my SSS up for sale because of it

Tx_Greg

Thank ya sir! I originally thought I was after an SSS. But after listening to some tones on YTube and understanding the switching options, I decided the HH would be a better fit overall. Getting the split option was a bonus for me.

JasonT

Nice score! Love the ivory white.

Definitely reach out to customer service about the term arm. They should be able to help.

Enjoy!

jones4tone

Congrats, Greg! Man, I wonder what happens when the original owner's wife asks him where that guitar is... But that's not your problem!

Enjoy the new guitar, and welcome to the EBMM club.

xjbebop

Congrats and welcome to the club!
GC is famous for mis-matching cases with guitars... you made out with that BFR case... whoever buys the JP is gonna be bummed...

Tx_Greg

Congrats, Greg! Man, I wonder what happens when the original owner's wife asks him where that guitar is... But that's not your problem!

Enjoy the new guitar, and welcome to the EBMM club.

LOL, I know I thought the same thing! Oh well...not my circus.... :)

GWDavis28

Greg, congrats man!!! Very nice and I'm really glad you love it so far. If your gonna sell the case I'm sure there are folks here that might want a BFR, JP case. Once you have the 25 post count, you can list it. I'd sell the trem arm as well.

Have fun with it. Glenn |B)

Tx_Greg

Greg, congrats man!!! Very nice and I'm really glad you love it so far. If your gonna sell the case I'm sure there are folks here that might want a BFR, JP case. Once you have the 25 post count, you can list it. I'd sell the trem arm as well.

Have fun with it. Glenn |B)

Thank you Glen. I appreciate all your input. And good advice on the case. I don't have nearly enough guitars (IMO), but I'm about case-poor! LOL I'll see what happens and if I decide to sell it off I'll post it here.

dibart77

Love it. Classic. Congrats! Just wish it had small dots (I have the same complaint about mine).

Top Bottom