• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

GWDavis28

Thank you Glen. I appreciate all your input. And good advice on the case. I don't have nearly enough guitars (IMO), but I'm about case-poor! LOL I'll see what happens and if I decide to sell it off I'll post it here.

Greg, your more than welcome and I'm glad it worked out for you in the end.

Glenn |B)

Wayniac

Not a huge fan of the AL shape, but that one looks REAL nice to me.
Sounds like there are some good tone options too.
Congrats and enjoy the new toy.

Tx_Greg

Not a huge fan of the AL shape, but that one looks REAL nice to me.
Sounds like there are some good tone options too.
Congrats and enjoy the new toy.

I'm an old guy. And since the first time I saw one, I dismissed the AL because of it's shape. Seriously. Not until the past year or so did I really start looking past the shape, and into the instrument. I've been blessed to have pretty much every guitar type out there in my life. The AL (BECAUSE of it's shape) is easily in the top 2 of all I've ever played for comfort.

And of course, YMMV. But I've learned yet again that you have to really really look to "see" sometimes.

Thanks for the congrats, I love this guitar!

xjbebop

I'm an old guy. And since the first time I saw one, I dismissed the AL because of it's shape. Seriously. Not until the past year or so did I really start looking past the shape, and into the instrument. I've been blessed to have pretty much every guitar type out there in my life. The AL (BECAUSE of it's shape) is easily in the top 2 of all I've ever played for comfort.

And of course, YMMV. But I've learned yet again that you have to really really look to "see" sometimes.

Thanks for the congrats, I love this guitar!

I was the same way for a long time... wouldn't even give them a second look because of the shape.
Then one fateful day, I spotted one in my local GC that, for some strange reason, the finish/colors appealed to me enough to actually touch it... and I quickly realized just how foolish I had been! Got a great deal on it and took it home... ended up collecting and 'rescuing' a few ;) more over the years and now we all live happily ever after.

Tx_Greg

I was the same way for a long time... wouldn't even give them a second look because of the shape.
Then one fateful day, I spotted one in my local GC that, for some strange reason, the finish/colors appealed to me enough to actually touch it... and I quickly realized just how foolish I had been! Got a great deal on it and took it home... ended up collecting and 'rescuing' a few ;) more over the years and now we all live happily ever after.

I guess old dogs like me CAN learn a new trick now and then!

Nerd

Hi.

I'm not posting here very often but I must to say that this is a real beauty. I have a recently appeared massive crash on AL's.

Top Bottom