• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

PugNinjas

Just wondering if anyone is going to go to this show? I went last year and there was some nice stuff, basically the event highlights boutique guitar builders with tons of amazing Jazz guitars in the $5,000+ range. There was plenty of gorgeous instruments to salivate over, including a couple of EBMM EVH Models.
I think the bar is converted into a Jazz jam the has some serious performers and virtuosos as well.

THE CLASSIC AMERICAN GUITAR SHOW
MAY 21 & 22, 2005
Sports Plus Events Center located in Lake Grove, Long Island, NY.

Bluesbob

I go every year...

except last year. I think things have gotten out of hand as far as the prices. It used to be you could find some really good deals, but lately everything, old and new, seems way over-priced. Maybe I'm jaded, but I do intend to attend.

PugNinjas

I hear ya loud and clear BluesBob, the prices do seem to be a bit ridiculous. Personally, I go to check out some of the smaller, aka "boutique" builders and there craftsmanship. Last year there was beauty of a guitar that caught my eye from across the room, it was love at first site until the price of $7,000 was quoted. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

OrangeChannel

I've missed the last few, however...I'd been tp the seminal years at Five Towns....nothing like burgers and hot dogs in the courtyard while listening to some jazzers rip it up...

PugNinjas

I haven't heard anything regarding the list of performers yet, but most likely there will be some heavy hitters showing off their chops. Although the quality of food leaves something to be desired at Sports Plus, I imagine a cold Heineken could be enjoyed while watching some jazz cats dominate various fretboards :D

PugNinjas

Well folks, the show is this weekend (if anyone is interested)

I am definitely going to check it out on Sat. and see what tasty morsels are available.

Top Bottom