• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Iamnada

Good day,

I have been eyeing an Armada for a while now, and I have my eyes on one of the few that are available. For 2013, did the Armada come with stainless frets? Additionally, can anyone speak to the neck profile? My understanding is that initial run had beefy necks, whilst the later ones are slimmer.

Thanks!

GWDavis28

Looks like yes.

Hope this helps, Glenn |B)

GoKart Mozart

My advice to folks who are curious & thinking about picking up an Armada but are used to most of the other Music Man necks: play one first, if you can. It's quite a different offering compared to the rest of the herd. Me myself, I couldn't get along with it.

Iamnada

My advice to folks who are curious & thinking about picking up an Armada but are used to most of the other Music Man necks: play one first, if you can. It's quite a different offering compared to the rest of the herd. Me myself, I couldn't get along with it.
Thanks. I assume you are referring to the larger size Armada necks?

Iamnada

Yes, nut width and girth of the profile. I'm guessing 90% of them made were probably the original "fat" version.
This is exciting news. That's EXACTLY what I'm looking for. I have two other EBMM guitars. a JP15 and a Cutlass. Both necks are a little too small for me.

I did, in fact purchase her. Now I must patiently await her delivery from Japan. The only other one I could find on the planet is posted on Reverb for 8K !!!! Yeah, no.

GoKart Mozart

This is exciting news. That's EXACTLY what I'm looking for. I have two other EBMM guitars. a JP15 and a Cutlass. Both necks are a little too small for me.

I did, in fact purchase her. Now I must patiently await her delivery from Japan. The only other one I could find on the planet is posted on Reverb for 8K !!!! Yeah, no.

Sweet! Hope it works out for you. Run the serial number through the MM Serial Database website; that'll give you an idea of what "era" it might be.

Iamnada

I was able to do that based on the photos:

ManufacturedJuly 31st, 2013
Build Code750-Z2-20-00-CS-CR
ModelArmada
NeckMahogany Neck Rosewood Fretboard
PickguardNo Pickguard
HardwareChrome Hardware

Top Bottom