• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

msquared

I had tried the felt washers as well, and you're right, they don't work.
I'd like to know if anyone has found a viable alternative to these pots. I'd swap them in a heartbeat for some that have better friction.
I had a tough time trying to find replacement 25k (volume) pots. EMG had them for sale but it was hit and miss everywhere else other than directly from EBMM. Finding replacements for the 500k tone pot was easy but only EBMM had the push/push version of this.

Craiguitar

I guess we are stuck with the original push/push that's there. Both pots on my LIII were already pretty loose feeling, but because they were both scratchy sounding, I had to resort to spraying them several times with contact cleaner. Good for the wiper, but in the process, it tends to dissolve the damping grease on the shaft itself. That made them even more loose!
If there was a decent method for re-introducing damping grease onto the pot shafts, that would be a big help.

Mick

push/push is the most delicate switch design, but the fastest to switch. Push Pull much more robust. But it is Mr.Lukather´s choice and you are buying a signature guitar. Change it to the latter.

tbonesullivan

I guess we are stuck with the original push/push that's there. Both pots on my LIII were already pretty loose feeling, but because they were both scratchy sounding, I had to resort to spraying them several times with contact cleaner. Good for the wiper, but in the process, it tends to dissolve the damping grease on the shaft itself. That made them even more loose!
If there was a decent method for re-introducing damping grease onto the pot shafts, that would be a big help.

Don't they have cleaners that also contain a lubricant? I'm also pretty sure you can get damping grease. The problem is getting it back on the shaft in a way that's not more work than just replacing the pot.

My Luke III is pretty quiet, and the only time it makes noise is when I engage/disengage the boost. I rarely use the boost so it doesn't really matter to me. I do need to replace the barrel jack, as the contacts inside have been bent.

Top Bottom