• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

jeffrey

Milky Way, Earth, North America, that's as specifi
Big Poppa: You are a hell of a man for doing this! And to top it all, you really looked like you just had a good 'ol time throughout the thing, awesome! :)

Dudley!: I had your tour for the factory and really learned a lot about EB and the history (combining that with the Q&A that day as well), I really have a newfound respect (not that I didn't respect you already!) for you and EB and everything you guys do!

Beth!!!: I mean, what the hell can you say? Beth, you went above and beyond to help me with every stupid little question I had; even helping me find coffee! I mean c'moooonnnn! You didn't have to do that! But mostly, she helped me get to John Petrucci to get the guitar I lugged all the way from Texas signed! (I also got someone else's trem plate cover signed who's name I don't know). Thank you a million times over for that! I owe you dinner at NAMM in January (yes I'll be there!)

Blair!: For answering all my dumb questions prior to the event that were probably already answered in the 'Info' write-ups! Thank you so much for being patient with me. :)

Azia!!: Long before I knew about this even, Azia spent a solid 45mins on the phone with me giving me names and numbers of shops that had just recieved JP7's. I needed a backup for an upcoming show and didn't have time to place an order and wait for one conventionally. She was so patient and helpful with this, I can't say thanks enough! And, guess what? I broke a string that show! So the backup guitar REALLY paid off. :)

All the artists, especially John Petrucci, Steve Lukather and Steve Morse: I've talked to John on a few occasions and he's always very recieving and humble. What a damn nice guy! I'm surprised he doesn't think I'm a stalker or something by now. :eek: And, Steve and I had the same return flight out of SLO. He was super nice and almost eager to chat a bit, once he realized I recognized him. We talked about touring, his guitar case from Accord Cases (www.accordcase.com), the jam and just guitar in general. I didn't want to be the irritating guitar nerd with a zillion questions, but Steve was just super nice and eager to chat. He also gave me a few picks he used the night before. :) Steve Lukather just had me and my wife laughing nonstop; Luke you should really think about doing stand-up man, you'd rock! :D As well, meeting Tony Levin was amazing. To talk to such an icon is just humbling. Truly and amazing man.

Drew!: Not being a regular really on the boards yet, more of a lurker but posting more now, I felt a little bit like a fish-out-of-water at first as I didn't really know anyone (all the forumites were so nice though, it really didn't matter! :)). Drew struck up a conversation with me right away about the Rosewood Axis (or it was probably me, I'm sure I had another innane question) and made me feel right at home. I'm a pretty outgoing guy, but Drew sure helped me feel right at home right away. Thanks bud! :)

The entire staff who came to work on Saturday!: I'm one of those people that's always got another question (seriously, it's a horrible personality trait, probably makes me good at my job though :)), and I asked the people working on our tour (Dudley's tour, Tour 3) a million questions. Every one of them was nice as could be and answered any innane question I had (which is most of them probably) thoroughly and intently. What an amazing group of people working there! As well the crew that set up for the jam and the concert at the Madonna Inn, amazing job you guys, seriously!

and lastly...

All the forum members I talked to!: Unfortunately, I have no idea who most of you were other than the people I shared a shuttle with at Quality Suites. I do remember by face/name: DaveB (we had lunch on Saturday; talked about cars mostly, god I'm horrible when it comes to cars!), Phatty, Bovine, Mobay, Adulcia, Gavin (don't know your screen name!) and a HOST of other people. Sorry I don't know names! :( But I met so many nice people and even got to share some of my MP3's with them (which was flattering for me; and I posted them for whomever asked, I don't know your screen name! lol).

Thank you again BP, Dudley and crew. You guys are a class act!

SteveB

Jeffrey,

Yes, you did thank me for the Sharpie.. just pullin' your leg. It was cool hanging with you & your wife (Karen.. right?) at the hotel & the venues.

Where on the guitar did you have John sign?

jeffrey

Milky Way, Earth, North America, that's as specifi
SteveB said:
Jeffrey,

Yes, you did thank me for the Sharpie.. just pullin' your leg. It was cool hanging with you & your wife (Karen.. right?) at the hotel & the venues.

Where on the guitar did you have John sign?

You have a good memory! Her name is Karin (it's Norwegian or some such), not that it makes that much difference. ;)

He signed it in the belly cutout just like on my PRB. :)

I get the clear stick-on type pickguards for classical guitars and cut them to fit. I've done it in the past with great results.

Top Bottom