• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Rialas

Pdn 2016 starry night RULES.
Glad you're enjoying yours Jason. It's definitely one I'm considering, but blew this month's budget on another guitar, so I'm going to hold out a little before searching again.
Cheers.

Rialas

Probably for the best - think he is being unreasonable on price
When I'm on ebay or reverb.com, I'm like a child in a candy store. So many goodies out there. No need to pay over the top for anything.

Magic Jason

There is a silver SSS AL on reverb that sells for $2600.

I contacted the seller politely. Told him I was not interested in his guitar but that he should consider lowering the price.

He answered it was a custom finish (?) with a nice flamed neck (true).

I didn't bother telling him the exact same one was sold last year for $1150.

The value of a guitar is not what you want nor what a book says nor what experts estimate...

It's what someone is willing to give you.

As an example, I would splash A LOT of cash on an AL Dargie1 mm90 trem ;)

Jason2112

I don't understand why people won't sell internationally - I'm sure it's laziness. As long as the buyer pays the shipping and insurance and uses a protected payment method what's the problem

Three reasons: 1) international shipping is very expensive with a quality shipper like FedEx, 2) buyers want sellers to declare a lower value to save in Customs fees but insurance is based on the declared value, and 3) tracking via USPS (and every other "local" carrier) is just plain bad.

Call it lazy but I just don't want the hassle.

Rialas

Three reasons: 1) international shipping is very expensive with a quality shipper like FedEx, 2) buyers want sellers to declare a lower value to save in Customs fees but insurance is based on the declared value, and 3) tracking via USPS (and every other "local" carrier) is just plain bad.

Call it lazy but I just don't want the hassle.
I recently bought a weber mass from the US. Usps tracking was excellent. Import duty and delivery cost was added at purchase on ebay.
Also recently bought a custom shop guitar from Japan. I never asked or expected the seller to claim that I'd bought it for less to save on duty, quite honestly I'd be embarrassed to.
Paid the correct duty when it arrived, buyer and seller happy :)

Rialas

Would never recommend Hermes though.

And obviously, nothing beats personal collection.

TripHazard

Pretty much my experience both buying and selling. Although I've been happy to declare it was less than they paid as long as the customer accepted the risk in terms of insurance. Not had any problems

Top Bottom