• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Awhitlock

Hi All,

I bought an Albert Lee HH a few months ago with the full rosewood neck and really like how it feels, plays, and sounds. And the body’s shape is growing on me! Thinking about acquiring an SSS model and it seems the SSS is made with only a maple neck, and I really don’t like maple. I’m considering finding an SSS to my liking and then buying another HH with a rosewood neck to swap necks with. I’d then probably sell the other HH with the swapped maple neck. Thoughts? Has anyone done this? Or is is possible to find an SSS model with a rosewood board?

Thanks in advance.

I'm a big fan of swapping parts between guitars. Quite often I have found a certain body from one and a neck from another resonate super nicely together and become a favourite player.

You never know, you may swap them and end up loving them and keeping them all. .. haha

roburado

Hi All,

I bought an Albert Lee HH a few months ago with the full rosewood neck and really like how it feels, plays, and sounds. And the body’s shape is growing on me! Thinking about acquiring an SSS model and it seems the SSS is made with only a maple neck, and I really don’t like maple. I’m considering finding an SSS to my liking and then buying another HH with a rosewood neck to swap necks with. I’d then probably sell the other HH with the swapped maple neck. Thoughts? Has anyone done this? Or is is possible to find an SSS model with a rosewood board?

Thanks in advance.

Ok. Old thread. I'm behind the times. Sorry.

There are some other differences too. The AL HH has a mahogany body, IIRC. The AL with SSS is ash, IIRC.

Look for an AL from the 2006 Limited Editions if you don't want to do a neck swap or can't find someone who wants to. I would imagine a 2007 Limited Edition might have a rosewood board. Maybe, someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

Fro

Here's the one I regret selling the most :( not an SSS but it has 3 pickups so it kinda qualifies, right?

3428187588_018c799fa1_o.jpg

I would buy this in a heartbeat.

Top Bottom