• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

chanminator

haha i tried a luke couple of years back... and posed as a buyer for another guy's luke to try it again before putting money down for it... ( sorry man..if you readin this )

but i couldnt live with a luke blue...

i needed a white luke with matching white headstock.
ARGH!! its been barely a week and im still anticipating!!! i thought this eagerness would wear off by a week...

Terry Hayes

I have experimented a little with the humbucker. I didn't do it for more output; I was trying to increase the clarity of the treble a little by angling the pickup up on the treble side. However, I think it sounds better with the pickup leveled so I am going back to the stock position.

By the way, it is easy to adjust the pickup height. Contact Ernie Ball to order some small nylon spacers that fit underneath the pickups.

Terry

Antoine

Terry Hayes said:
.......By the way, it is easy to adjust the pickup height. Contact Ernie Ball to order some small nylon spacers that fit underneath the pickups.

Terry

Could you tell me more about these small nylon spacers ?
Jon, if you read this post, can you confirm this, if yes, can you tell me the way to do to order them please ? (it's not that i don't trust you Terry, but i would like to have Jon's advice about this) ;)

Terry Hayes

Antoine said:
Could you tell me more about these small nylon spacers ?
Jon, if you read this post, can you confirm this, if yes, can you tell me the way to do to order them please ? (it's not that i don't trust you Terry, but i would like to have Jon's advice about this) ;)

No problem at all!!! While I am a big fan of Ernie Ball guitars and have learned quite a bit about them, there is no subsitute for the expert advice that you can get from people like Jon.

The spacers themselves are round, white, nylon washers that allow for the pickups to be raised (or tilted to one side or the other). Of course, you can't easily adjust the pickups to exact heights or angles, but it works pretty well. Also, the spacers allow for the rigid mounting between the pickup and the guitar body to be preserved.

Terry

yesandno

Oh man, I tried to register and found out I was already registered here...I did probably 4 or 5 years ago....anyway

What I did with raising the pup heights on my Luke was to go to one of them arts&crafts store, we have a chain named "Michaels" where I live. I looked around for some pieces of fairly hard foam material, about a 1/4" thick or so and cut them to size and placed them under the pups where the screws go through. I didn't size it to fit the whole cavity, just enough for underneanth each side of the pups. This gave me not only extra heightening but the sponginess of the material allowed have either the bass or treble side of the pup at different levels as well as providing sufficient pressure so the pups sit firmly. Whether or not having the pups mounted directly to the body of the instrument affects performance any, I couldn't tell you except for the fact that in most all guitars the pickups sit in mid air.

chanminator

aRGH how much longer before my guitar reaches my shores... how must more pain can my longing heaRT TaKE????

glockaxis

SteveLINY said:
I have a black sparkle w matching headstock. I only changed the bridge pup to an 81 because I hate 85's. I'm not a big fan of EMG's, but they sound great in this guitar.
Steve

Were the pickups easy to switch out? What did you find was the major difference between the two? Is it still as versatile?

aaronb

I recently bought a luke (last saturday) and I absolutly love it. From the EMG electronics to the small V neck it all works perfectly for me.

Top Bottom