• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Fro

I don't plan on getting rid on any of them. That ASS in my avatar is my latest.

KDude

I don't plan on getting rid on any of them. That ASS in my avatar is my latest.

Nice guitar. Yeah, I didn't take you seriously or anything. Most people wouldn't limit themselves to one guitar (although I myself am silly enough to try from time to time).

Jamie M

Like others are saying, it's just a humbucker in the neck. Kind of Tele Custom-like. That's certainly different though, and not bad. It works for Keith.

I still think your Axis is awesome, but I see that you're selling it. So I suppose I shouldn't mention it again. :D If I wanted another humbucker equipped guitar, but not the Axis, I'd go Stingray or Armada, personally (although the pups in either are a bit vintage and aren't as hot as the Dimarzios, afaik).

I have come to my senses and I am no longer selling my Axis, as you say they are great guitars.

KDude

I have come to my senses and I am no longer selling my Axis, as you say they are great guitars.

Nice. But I do wish you luck on finding another axe. I just thought it'd be a shame if that one went.

wesman11483

Get the Cutlass so you’re single coil tones are covered.
Then get a Valentine for some different tones.
Then get a ...
Then get a ...
Then get a ...

I second this.
I have an AS MM90 (replaced the bridge with a true humbucker), and for versatility sake, just ordered a Cutlass to cover the singlecoil tones (tracking info says NGD is Tuesday!).

I briefly considered an Armada (something set neck and the body size could allow for ::gasp:: an after market bigsby) or a SSS Albert Lee (couldn't find any used).

The roasted maple necks on the Luke 3s are to die for too though...

You really can't go wrong.

Jamie M

I second this.
I have an AS MM90 (replaced the bridge with a true humbucker), and for versatility sake, just ordered a Cutlass to cover the singlecoil tones (tracking info says NGD is Tuesday!).

I briefly considered an Armada (something set neck and the body size could allow for ::gasp:: an after market bigsby) or a SSS Albert Lee (couldn't find any used).

The roasted maple necks on the Luke 3s are to die for too though...

You really can't go wrong.

I do love the Luke 3s. Mine was stolen 3 years ago and as much as I loved it I would like to try something different now. The Valentine with its pup options I think will fit the bill and the natural finish with that neck looks killer. Thanks again all for you input.

Top Bottom