• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Wim Laven

Prize Winning Journalist
How are these names for different shades determined? Is there like a design standard that has particular shades named a particular way? Or does someone like in in Marketing just come up with a name so different companies might have different colorful names for the same shade?

Years ago I looked up the history of Hugger Orange, the best I came up with that the ones who invent it (decided to use the specific shade) get to name it.

I just searched and couldn't find that specific take... begs the question on painting my walls in "Distant Star" could I have had the color made by any manufacturer?

This particular green is a Ford color.

COLOR NAME: FORD "GRABBER GREEN"
COLOR CODE: Z
CHIP NUMBER: PCCL27

It was popularized on Boss Mustangs.

But there also appears to be a Grabber Green Lime, and sometimes it is conflated with the Boss color which leaves me to believe two different colors can have the same name, or that manufacturers are not bound to agree on color names... I hope someone corrects me if I'm wrong, because I'm also curious.

Dargin

Ernie Ball Customer Service
Yeah Will it's the same exact finish that was on those Boss 'Stangs...As far as how they were named in the 60's and 70's I have no idea. Sometimes we use the stock name if it's cool and other times we will rename it.

djaxup

Guess it will be featuring stainless steel frets.
Any info on body wood material?

Edmang

Must be getting close to being released. The pic on the BFR page is no longer blurred. But clicking it gives a 404 page not found

Edmang

Just when I think I am out... they pull me back in!

May have to put my plans on hold for a SR5 Special..

SR5 special on hold for now...

Contacted my Sweetwater rep after finding out about these to get in line for one.

Incoming after labor day due to being away....

Guess green basses DO sell! :D

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-08-20 at 9.37.18 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-08-20 at 9.37.18 AM.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 177
  • Screen Shot 2018-08-20 at 9.37.39 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-08-20 at 9.37.39 AM.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 179
Top Bottom