• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

jimusz

Hi, I have recently injured my left hand and sadly will not be able to play my Axis for at least 6 months. I would like to know the best way to store the guitar while in it's case. Should I stand the case up so the guitar is resting in the playing position or lying the case down so the guitar is lying on it's back? Does it even matter? It's going to be a long 6 months. I love playing my Music Man Axis. It is the greatest guitar I have ever had.......Thanks for listening.......Jim

Mike Pierce

Ernie Ball Customer Service
Jim, the main thing to do is make sure that you keep your Axis out of extreme conditions. Obviously, keep it in a dry place where the temperature isn't going to fluctuate drastically, such as against an inside wall of the house like in your closet. As far as the actual position that the guitar rests in (vertical vs. horizontal), it doesn't particularly matter. Tune the guitar down a few steps, but maintain tension on the strings - just slightly less than the tension under normal playing conditions. Finally, reduce the tension on the truss rod a small amount also.

Thanks a lot. Any other questions feel free to post on here - or you can contact Dennis Rotterman, our Warranty repair expert and guitar guru at [email protected] or (800)543-2757 ext. 237.

Mike

jimusz

Thank you for the quick response. I will do as you have stated. This forum is a great idea..........Best of luck to all of you at Ernie Ball.............

Estin

hey jim, i'm really sorry to hear about your injury. i know being a guitarist fear of injury to my hands is always a worry. well take it easy and i hope you recover sooner than expected so you can jump back on that axis. but she'll be waiting for you.

jimusz

Thanks Estin....I will get better as soon as possible. I am already having guitar withdraw. I guess this would be a good time to learn different finger picking patterns. Or maybe tape a bottle to my cast and become the greatest slide player...ha ha....I'll figure something out....Take it easy

hbucker

I would add that you want the humidity to be as constant as possible too. Preferrably in the area of 50%. This is especially true with a gutiar like the Axis which has an oiled neck.

If you use common sense, I don't suspect you'll have any problems.

Estin

hey jim, a slide is not a bad idea. LOL some cool stuff can be done with slide. you can also just tune to drop D and play some one finger power chords. nu metal is fun too!! ;-)

Top Bottom