• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Clonexx

I sold my Axis SS about 10 years ago, because we had a car repair to pay for. Back then, they were going for $800 used, I figured I could just grab another one when I had the money. A few years passed and when I went back to look, all of a sudden they’re $2500 new and $1600-$1800 used.

The Axis SS is hands down the best playing guitar I’ve ever owned. It was perfect for my hand size, the medium frets felt awesome, action was incredible and the feel of that wax/oiled neck was phenomenal. I’ve purchased a few guitars since then, and every one has ended up returned or sold because it’s just a disappointment compared to the Axis SS. I just can’t and don’t really want, to play anything else. I don’t even have a guitar right now.

It seems my dreams of owning another of my dream guitar are going to stay just that, dreams, for a long time. EBMM made such a masterpiece of a guitar, to me, that it’s ruined every other guitar on the market for me.

I regret selling my original Axis SS every day.

GWDavis28

I sold my Axis SS about 10 years ago, because we had a car repair to pay for. Back then, they were going for $800 used, I figured I could just grab another one when I had the money. A few years passed and when I went back to look, all of a sudden they’re $2500 new and $1600-$1800 used.

The Axis SS is hands down the best playing guitar I’ve ever owned. It was perfect for my hand size, the medium frets felt awesome, action was incredible and the feel of that wax/oiled neck was phenomenal. I’ve purchased a few guitars since then, and every one has ended up returned or sold because it’s just a disappointment compared to the Axis SS. I just can’t and don’t really want, to play anything else. I don’t even have a guitar right now.

It seems my dreams of owning another of my dream guitar are going to stay just that, dreams, for a long time. EBMM made such a masterpiece of a guitar, to me, that it’s ruined every other guitar on the market for me.

I regret selling my original Axis SS every day.

Clone, there are deals to be had, if you have some $$, check Reverb and such, watch the For Sale and EvilBay threads, you might just luck out.

Glenn |B)

Tollywood

Keep looking Clonexx. There are deals to be had if you check often and beat someone to the deal. There are even great deals to be had that just sit there.

I paid $1000 about six months ago for a MINT Axis SS. Minty mint. It’s Lavender Pearl. I’ve lusted after that color for years.

08-A30-A88-65-A6-4587-8-A6-B-343-F4-A1-C5-F15.jpg

I know Glenn will love this picture because of all the sparkles.

Last edited:

Tollywood

Tollie, you have more of an ASS obsession than me!

Hahaha, it’s my favorite model now that I don’t feel like dealing with a Floyd. They lack a little bit of that Axis bite due to the tone knob, but I use a tone knob often so it’s a worthy trade off.

Jamie M

Hahaha, it’s my favorite model now that I don’t feel like dealing with a Floyd. They lack a little bit of that Axis bite due to the tone knob, but I use a tone knob often so it’s a worthy trade off.

My favourite model also, has been since i saw EVH with one in the 90s. Its a great all rounder. Your collection is very impressive.

GWDavis28

Keep looking Clonexx. There are deals to be had if you check often and beat someone to the deal. There are even great deals to be had that just sit there.

I paid $1000 about six months ago for a MINT Axis SS. Minty mint. It’s Lavender Pearl. I’ve lusted after that color for years.

08-A30-A88-65-A6-4587-8-A6-B-343-F4-A1-C5-F15.jpg

I know Glenn will love this picture because of all the sparkles.

Tollie, absolutely man!!!!! How do you like the AL HH that way? I think it looks super clean without the pick guard. And Emerald reminds me of the holidays!!!

I said that Lavender Pearl was a color that I’ve wanted forever. So is Burnt Candy Apple. You are lucky to have one.

Burnt Apple, is such a super subtle color, but for me, classy as well.

Glenn |B)

Last edited:

Tollywood

Hi Glenn.

I LOVE the Albert HH. It slays. I played out with it five or six times and it just rocks. My drummer said that out of all the guitars that I play, this Albert cuts through the mix better than any other.

My only criticism is that the cutouts for the humbucker tabs are square instead of triangular. I almost didn’t buy it because of that.

Then, I saw the roasted flamed maple neck and I forgot all about the square cutouts.

913614-C0-8-B36-42-C1-8-F44-43336-C4-A7837.jpg

Last edited:

GWDavis28

Tollie, super neck, I can understand why you grabbed it, looks like a GC tag, hope you got a good price on it.

I haven't seen you add any pics to the Albert Lee thread yet, Hahahahahahahaha.

Glenn |B)

Top Bottom