• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

imandan

I've have 3 music man basses and had trouble with the first 2 with the battery compartment design. . I've found after a while the standard metal clips that the battery needs to stay in contact with will bend and eventually not make consistent contact with the battery. On my Stingray the battery compartment would bang against my leg and sometimes cause drop outs and 'pops'.
I had my tech change all of the compartments to a 'clip' connector(the kind that snap onto the battery) and it works so much better!

Klevon

My used Sterling had a Peavey battery that was crammed in tight. After I gently tugged on it with some pliers, it came out whereupon I replaced it with a new DURACELL. The lid wouldn't close properly, but I bought an Everready and it fit perfectly, so now it makes noise again!

Klon Solo

I had the same issue, so I just spliced and attached my guitar's innards to a wall wart.

I can only move a few feet from the power source and all venues need to have a wall.

keko

I use Duracell or Varta (European edition)..., no problem with those!!!

I tried once Panasonic (Japan), ...but it didn't fit, ...it was too short, so battery contacts couldn't reach the batt. compartment contacts!!!

Tollywood

I had the same issue, so I just spliced and attached my guitar's innards to a wall wart.

I can only move a few feet from the power source and all venues need to have a wall.

Hello Klon,

Your solution sounds limiting. Maybe you should wire an old fashioned connector for a 9 volt (like imandan did)? I am imagining that you'd feel like a dog leashed to a tree having to stand near a wall plug.

What about ordering a replacement battery box from ebmm?

Klon Solo

Hello Klon,

Your solution sounds limiting. Maybe you should wire an old fashioned connector for a 9 volt (like imandan did)? I am imagining that you'd feel like a dog leashed to a tree having to stand near a wall plug.

What about ordering a replacement battery box from ebmm?

Sorry Tollie, sometimes my humor doesn't translate to text well. Nobody says, "my bad" anymore, but my bad.

ZiggyDude

There was a period of time that Duracells were always running tight for me not just in the Bongos but also my wireless pack. I had to use Evereadys. Lately bought a brick of Duracells (regualr copper top) and they work fine. So, maybe production runs wander a bit.

Mark Williams

Duraceel battery too small!!

I had a similar problem...but the duracell was too small for my Stingray....just wrapped some sellotape around it to make it tight!!

Top Bottom