• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan
Status
Not open for further replies.

beej

I'm sorry, but I have a hard time imagining that a Luke neck would have the wrong fretboard radius. And I'm certain that sort of mistake would be taken care of by customer support.

Daniel

I returned to the shop, the guitar that had the off-line bridge, it had one of the two pivots further forward so the bridge was tilted, it was a new Luke 3, as I bought and returned a Luke 3 with a wrong fingerboard.
You see the dimple of the Luke dargie used in the photo I inserted, I removed the neck and everything is in order, as soon as I can i disassemble it again and send the photos, again, the Luke dargie is OK, bridge, neck, saddle, action, sounds good, has only this lack of adherence between the two parts.

Hi Chris,
Thanks for letting us know about these issues you've been having with your Ernie Ball Music Man instruments. It's always good for us at Ernie Ball Music Man to get this feed back from our customers.
The Dargie Luke in your possession is a used instrument so it's hard to say why there could be a gap in the neck pocket as we don't know the history of the instrument or how it was cared for. It could be that someone sanded the pocket, or that they simply stored it improperly and the wood shrank. It's impossible to tell without having the guitar in our possession.
For the Luke with the incorrect fingerboard, all of our guitar necks are swung, fretted, and finished by hand before getting to final setup. The guitars then go through three inspections before leaving the factory. Although, it is possible for us to make mistakes, it's highly unlikely that a guitar would have left the factory with a neck with no radius. Please shoot me an email at [email protected] so we can get some more details on this from you. If we have a brand new guitar with a bad neck out on the market, we want to get it back and make it right. Thanks again!

Guitarchris

Hi Chris,
Thanks for letting us know about these issues you've been having with your Ernie Ball Music Man instruments. It's always good for us at Ernie Ball Music Man to get this feed back from our customers.
The Dargie Luke in your possession is a used instrument so it's hard to say why there could be a gap in the neck pocket as we don't know the history of the instrument or how it was cared for. It could be that someone sanded the pocket, or that they simply stored it improperly and the wood shrank. It's impossible to tell without having the guitar in our possession.
For the Luke with the incorrect fingerboard, all of our guitar necks are swung, fretted, and finished by hand before getting to final setup. The guitars then go through three inspections before leaving the factory. Although, it is possible for us to make mistakes, it's highly unlikely that a guitar would have left the factory with a neck with no radius. Please shoot me an email at [email protected] so we can get some more details on this from you. If we have a brand new guitar with a bad neck out on the market, we want to get it back and make it right. Thanks again!

hello, thanks for your reply, I can say that there are no signs of abrasions, the paint on the edge is intact, the writing in the wood is intact, an expert technician see the instrument and confirms to me that the proportion is really different of the base and this pocket is created at the edges while it is perfect on the inside, however if it is solved by simply returning the instrument to the shop, it is only for me who have 6 music man, it is a blow to the heart to find 3 instruments below with problems, two new ones. patience, I really liked the dargie but you see it wasn't destiny.

Guitarchris

I'm sorry, but I have a hard time imagining that a Luke neck would have the wrong fretboard radius. And I'm certain that sort of mistake would be taken care of by customer support.

I found a photo of the neck, it was a beautiful luke3 new with a beautiful bird eyes maple neck, but here you can see the bad proportion between the high strings area and the low strings, obviously we talk about details, but for those who are looking for the maximum confidence with the guitar this is a problem, obviously it was possible to compensate a little with the regulation of the saddles, however it was difficult to find a good balance, for me. IMG_20190414_110041.jpg

Guitarchris

hello, thanks for your reply, I can say that there are no signs of abrasions, the paint on the edge is intact, the writing in the wood is intact, an expert technician see the instrument and confirms to me that the proportion is really different of the base and this pocket is created at the edges while it is perfect on the inside, however if it is solved by simply returning the instrument to the shop, it is only for me who have 6 music man, it is a blow to the heart to find 3 instruments below with problems, two new ones. patience, I really liked the dargie but you see it wasn't destiny.
20190920_133540.jpg 20190920_133550.jpg 20190920_133702.jpg 20190920_133620.jpg cjrbmvtc4qrppmky38x3.jpg

here some pictures of dargie used excelent condition, is very sad and difficult to me return it :-(

Last edited:

TripHazard

Idiots question:
Is it possible to slightly deepen the holes in the neck for the screws and pull the gap shut that way, then compensate with bridge / saddle height?

beej

At this point, I think we're just beating a dead horse here.

The guitar in question is old, and this is/was an issue that can likely be fixed very easily. You're not buying the guitar, so it doesn't matter any more.

As for the other neck issue mentioned, I think we're still pretty light on details. Daniel from Music Man has offered to help and has asked for details. If you want to pursue this any further, you should just contact him directly.

And with that, I'm going to close this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom