• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Ricky233

I bought a Bongo5 HS bass from a friend.
This bass looks like new and works well elsewhere, but it's High Mid EQ knob doesn't work. Rotation does not have any acoustic effect.
I checked the circuit and found that where the knob is connected, the R53 numbered resistor location has no component.
I shorted this position, this knob can be turned to change the frequency balance.

So I want to ask you guys to help confirm (Who happens to have disassembled or studied the circuit of this product:)):
Whether there should be a resistor installed at this point of R53, like in the picture. If does, what are the specifications of this resistor(or just the photo of this circuit).
Since this bass was out of warranty, I had to repair it myself.

Thank you very much for your help!

IMG.jpg

Last edited:

dave1812

I just had a look at my Bongo 5HH Electronics. Don't know if it's the same PCB Revision, but mine has a 27kOhm Resistor in that Position. Wonder why it's missing on your Bass.

VEstrad

Acabo de echar un vistazo a mi electrónica Bongo 5HH. No sé si es la misma revisión de PCB, pero la mía tiene una resistencia de 27 kOhm en esa posición. Me pregunto por qué falta en su bajo.
Podrias apoyarme con el valor de los pots de Volumen y Paneo, 1er o y 2do boton de la primer PCB, compre un bass bongo y ya lo habian reparado,
le pusieron los potes genéricos y no suena como debería.

Top Bottom