• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

mike_baugh

Gorgeous. Tell us more about the pickups!

Thanks mate! They're Musicman pickups! So I'm endorsing Seymour Duncan pickups but I wanted to see what Musicman can do as they've been making their own recently and as this is an unusual guitar being a 24 fret with HSS configuration with fancy wood I was curious to see what Musicman would cook up for me.

These pickups are so good that I won't ever be replacing them. The bridge has a sweet rounded bite to it that is much like the DiMarzio AT in how it feels, it's tamed but harmonics really jump out at you. The middle three positions are incredibly different from each other unlike most pickups, I can cover anything from Polyphia to Chic, Hendrix to Intervals, and the neck pickup just sings, it's got a sweet treble quality that I have only managed to get from my 56 strat up until now. It sounds like a 21 fret guitar!

The attention to detail on this instrument is nuts, it came set up in Eb (as I requested) with a stunning action, it's very low but 'bouncy' and the neck profile is dead on between my Luke custom and my Silhouette Special. I couldn't be happier, it's so versatile that it's going to be covering every single guitar part on my third album!

mr mojo

Congrats Mike !
What a great choice !!!

btw - isn't it time for a Silhouette BFR with a similiar "package" (figured roasted neck,stainless steel frets & a nice colour) ?

mike_baugh

Thanks guys! I think you're right :) I can tell you that the H-S-S Musicman pickups feel and sound outstanding, and the neck shape with the stainless steel frets feel so nice!
Congrats Mike !
What a great choice !!!

btw - isn't it time for a Silhouette BFR with a similiar "package" (figured roasted neck,stainless steel frets & a nice colour) ?

Top Bottom