• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

RaginRog

a-3080.jpg

a-3084.jpg

A little artistry....nice pics Oli.

Aussie Mark

Mark, What did you get after selling your Dargie? Why'd you do it? Curious...

I sold the Dargie 4HS Bongo to gearhunter420, then bought a Buttercream SR4 locally, then sold it and bought Mogee's Buttercream 4HH Bongo (which he had bought off gearhunter420). I much prefer the HH configuration than the HS.

bothroysnvts

I got my Dargie SR5 HH from Bass Northwest, and here are 2 pictures that they took of it! (they are waaaaaayyyyy better at photography than me!)

2ndBassGuitar

I sold the Dargie 4HS Bongo to gearhunter420, then bought a Buttercream SR4 locally, then sold it and bought Mogee's Buttercream 4HH Bongo (which he had bought off gearhunter420). I much prefer the HH configuration than the HS.

One day I will show up in Mogee's hometown and show hime how much I appreciate him talking me out of my last Buttercream Bongo 4HH.. grrrrr (er, how big are you Mogee?). :mad::mad::mad::eek::eek::eek:

I am still on the hunt for another Buttercream Bongo.

RaginRog

Yeah, I prefer the HH combination as well. The Buttercream color is amazing...gives it that nice "Vintage" look.

njhammer

Hey Jersey Boy,
Very Nice, but Post the pictures on the Club page!! :)

So...Are you a Philly sporting team fan or New York teams?

Actually a transplanted Brit....been in NJ for the last 22 years. Sport support as follows:

1. West Ham United
2. West Ham United
3. West Ham United
4. Glasgow Rangers
5. New York Yankees
6. New York Rangers
7. Miami Hurricanes (it's a long story)

How 'bout yourself??

RaginRog

Actually a transplanted Brit....been in NJ for the last 22 years. Sport support as follows:

1. West Ham United
2. West Ham United
3. West Ham United
4. Glasgow Rangers
5. New York Yankees
6. New York Rangers
7. Miami Hurricanes (it's a long story)

How 'bout yourself??

Ahh a belated Welcome! lol

I just wanted to make sure you weren't a Phillies or Eagles fan!!

Myself:
Mets
Jets
Cowboys(needed a good team when I was a little kid in the 1980s)
Orioles

It's all I have time for.

ZiggyDude

I tried for the Jersey Bassist club on TB - but since I am in PA now they would not let me in. Sad. Once from Jersey - always from Jersey. I used to be in Chatham. (that would put me in line with the NYC teams).

I heard that the club scene inland and about center of the state was doing pretty good for bands. Is that true?

OK - Dargie question on the Bongo. From the pics it seems the I had a rosewood fretboard and the II an Ebony? Aside from the gold hue - what else is different between the two?

bothroysnvts

I tried for the Jersey Bassist club on TB - but since I am in PA now they would not let me in. Sad. Once from Jersey - always from Jersey. I used to be in Chatham. (that would put me in line with the NYC teams).

I heard that the club scene inland and about center of the state was doing pretty good for bands. Is that true?

OK - Dargie question on the Bongo. From the pics it seems the I had a rosewood fretboard and the II an Ebony? Aside from the gold hue - what else is different between the two?

Hello Ziggy!
I am originally from Wantage Township, New Jersey... Now living in California. Now that that disclosure is out of the way... :D

I think the only other differences are the inlays, and the I says "Dargie Delight Limited Edition" below the neck plate on the back.

bovinehost

Administrator

You are correct about the fingerboard wood. Rosewood on the originals, ebony on the DD IIs.

They also have different fretboard inlays.

And no silk-screened logo on the back of the body on the DD II.

Jack

Top Bottom