• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

LilSteve1

The Dallas international Guitar Show is next weekend. Last year the EBMM booth had brought several Vault pieces. By the time I was able to make it out everything had sold. Glenn and Derek were almost out of strings that they usually sell.
Any speculation on what will be offered? If more Vault, then I'll make I sure I'm early this year. My wallet is prepared...

Mixolydian82

The Dallas international Guitar Show is next weekend. Last year the EBMM booth had brought several Vault pieces. By the time I was able to make it out everything had sold. Glenn and Derek were almost out of strings that they usually sell.
Any speculation on what will be offered? If more Vault, then I'll make I sure I'm early this year. My wallet is prepared...
I have an unused airline ticket and that's a mighty tempting trip, but I'm not even sure arriving early would help. Dealers and prolific resellers seem to snatch those vault pieces up immediately. Otherwise I'd be right there with you!

Sweat

Yep Steve, I went last year on Saturday morning, all the pieces were gone , though still had plenty of strings, I hung out with Derek and Glenn for a bit which was awesome since I had not been to the show or seen them since 2019.

There were a couple of dealers that had bought the vault pieces, almost bought a 25th from one of them. I will be there first thing Friday, was going on Saturday as well but that was cancelled due to a funeral.

Hopefully be something cool though not really looking for anything at the moment. Hopefully some of the vendors come back this year.

Last year there was no Guitar Center, no Gibson, no PRS, no Seymour Duncan and one of my favs El Dorado straps was not there but EBMM was there which is most important to me :)

Sweat

OK so kind of disappointing again. So no need to start a new thread, no pics unless you want to see the kick ass strings I got at a great price!!

Highlight, EBMM was there got to see Derek and Glen, great to see and talk to them, Derek is so awesome.

They had only a few guitars and I was 15 minutes late to get a killer NOS Luke but some lucky dude got it!

Not much EBMM presence outside the EBMM booth and many vendors still not back, thinking the pandemic killed this awesome show.

Low lights way to much old vintage crap, not my cup of tea, many vendors I enjoy outside EBMM not there, easier to get in paying cash than advance online purchases.

I was going to spend the night and go Saturday as well , kind of glad something else got in the way and made me cancel that.

I will keep going hoping it gets back to pre pandemic shows

Again EBMM is there so my trip is worth it!!

LilSteve1

Well, missed the Luke. Again, many overpriced vintage instruments. Did speak with a dealer that had a Kemper stage unit (I'm an old school amp guy) but these days might be time to switch. Was impressed from the Demo from Blues Scarencno.

Only EBMM I saw on the floor, unfortunately I left with out it. Echo Keith on this show, always hoping for much more from this show but left underwhelmed. Maybe I have too specific tastes

20240504_113923-01.jpg

Sweat

Glenn,

Little to no EBMM presence, The EBMM booth only had three guitars, two Majesties that were already sold and the NOS Luke II that was a limited edition Envy Green, again I would have bought it but sold quickly right before I arrived.

Hell I did not even see the AL Steve posted, I will always go to this show but definitely not the same as it used to be. Even the bands are quite as good .

Rbg

Glenn,

Little to no EBMM presence, The EBMM booth only had three guitars, two Majesties that were already sold and the NOS Luke II that was a limited edition Envy Green, again I would have bought it but sold quickly right before I arrived.

Hell I did not even see the AL Steve posted, I will always go to this show but definitely not the same as it used to be. Even the bands are quite as good .
What Luke was that?

Sweat

What Luke was that?
It was a new old stock Luke II limited edition in a color called Envy Green, it was in one of the offices and never played, very nice, I was just too late

Envy Green, gold hardware a SKB case and a sealed birdseye satin neck, was an awesome piece!

DrKev

Somewhere between Paris, Dublin, and Buffalo
OK so one thing I did get is Derek gave me a pack of the new Ernie Ball Flatwounds to try out, I put them on one of my guitars yesterday and well quite impressed! Really like them, not cheap but going to get some more.

Oh the Cobalt Flats! Yes, I had them on my Cutlass for a while. VERY nice, love the feel, but I went back to standard slinkys. The Cobalt flats on my bass are keepers though. Never giving them up!

(OK, I said never, I've jinxed it, I know.)

Sweat

Oh the Cobalt Flats! Yes, I had them on my Cutlass for a while. VERY nice, love the feel, but I went back to standard slinkys. The Cobalt flats on my bass are keepers though. Never giving them up!

(OK, I said never, I've jinxed it, I know.)
Nice, I like them enough I just placed an order for more :)

Top Bottom