• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

LilSteve

...digging for spare change.... I haven't taken delivery of my True Gold yet and this comes out... these will be normal prd models right?

Roubster

Those look cool! The unfinished bodies sort of have a Guthrie Govan vibe hehe. Wonder how that HH is gonna look.

Big Poppa

1.I check this place a coupla times a day. Not much to add...Ill leave it at that.
2. The natural finishes are just like every other proto ...why paint them?
3. I expect the resistance to the reverse headstock. I expect someone diggin up old quotes (see #1)

Blame Joe Bonamassa for the reverse headstock. Luke saw his and loved it. Some of you may have forgotten but I build what the artists want.

morte torture later.

titibonehead

1.I check this place a coupla times a day. Not much to add...Ill leave it at that.
2. The natural finishes are just like every other proto ...why paint them?
3. I expect the resistance to the reverse headstock. I expect someone diggin up old quotes (see #1)

Blame Joe Bonamassa for the reverse headstock. Luke saw his and loved it. Some of you may have forgotten but I build what the artists want.

morte torture later.

hahahahaha!!! you're right.. But if you can make a Luke III with 2 hums... whaouu it will be a rteally cool guitar...

JasonT

oh dear god :eek:

Let's see:

Luke body style - check
mahogany body - check
rosewood neck - check
two humbuckers - check

That's my dream EBMM right there!!! Hope Luke thinks so too!

Can't wait for pics of the 2 humbucker version!

Coffeemug

The return of the torture threads!!! :D Thanks for the insight BP, much appreciated by everyone here!
Can't wait to see how the Luke III turns out!

straycat113

I was just talking about this and was thinking that the protos were left unfinished to show the wood used underneath, I am still not sure what the Big Guy is set on yet but it would be cool to do some finished and also some unfinished. Also quite a few guys did ask about doing a reverse headstock ,so lets be happy that JB and Luke were on the same wave length, as if not I doubt Sterling would not of done it like he said, but he does stand by his creed that he does what makes his artist happy. I like when everyone throws out there opinion as that is why we have the forum, and the best crew of guys on any forum. I also believe things have gotten a little looser which is great so lets not snipe or bicker and have the hammer come down. Not all of us like the same things but I would believe most of us like this, especially with so many options to pick from. I would love for a JP to come out with a thicker neck but it is his guitar and I do have 6 or 7 other models to choose from that fit me like a glove, and in time who knows they may make a JPXIII with a fatter neck to cover the guys who have been waiting for that.

I keep thinking of what that guy on Bonamassa'a Forum page said when the other guy asked how does EB keep getting it right, and the retort was "Because they are made by musicians for musicians and listen to the input of the virtuosos that play there guitars, while the others are made by guys in suits" That sums it up for me!

Dr.Strangenote

BP, any chance that a Petrucci can be teased a bit? My personal signature style is natural body guitars, especially with a maple fretboard to match, but I know that's pushing it. I would love to be teased by a naked JP6 or JP7, any body style whether it be a standard, BFR, JPX or an 11! Nice photo BTW. Would love to 'buy' one of those unfinished beauties... :)

slukather

like a N4 but EBMM

I was thinking the same thing, reminded me of an N4.

This is how l can see the Luke III being, EMG-X pickups, 1 Humbucker 2 Single Coils, reverse headstock and some funky new colors. much like his True Gold Luke.

I couldn't see a Luke with 2 humbuckers, as BP has said, they just build what the artist wants, and Luke seems to love the 1 humbucker 2 singles configuration, there might be one off's, like Luke's Axis/Luke with 3 single coils, he might want a Luke with 2 humbuckers, but l can always seeing him go back to his old faithful 1H 2S. But i'm not Luke and don't know him, but since he's used that same configuration for the past 20-25 years l couldn't see him changing.

Just my 2 cents.

Scottie.

Top Bottom