• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Fleaman

Hello,

Recently i have been breaking alot of guitar strings right down at my bridge where the string rests, this has been very frequent and my strings are always breaking at this point.

I have been using Erine ball 10s, and then went onto 11s however this has had no effect.

If anybody has any ideas in why or how to resolve this then give me a reply.

Cheers :)

Fleaman.

Attachments

• luke00.jpg
    luke00.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 186
  • luke01.jpg
    luke01.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 739

dwf1004

Fleaman:

Just a thought, but you may have to have your bridge saddles sanded down. That can be a BIG problem re: breakage. Check out guitar.com -- they have some good articles on standard maintenance, etc. if you're inclined to do it yourself. If you're lazy (like me), or you don't want to chance destroying something (also like me), then it may be time to make a trip to visit your local guitar tech. :)

Just my offering...

Darrell

Tone Dog

Over time, many saddles develop burrs which are usually quite small and almost unnoticeable. But they can and often do cause premature string breaks right at the saddle. One tell tale sign is when the outer wrap breaks but the core stays intact - which is what happens to me quite often. I just decided to replace the saddles on my Axis Sport rather than screw around with filing and sanding so I ordered them direct from EB/MM. I installed and reintonated the new saddles last night. I gig fairly often (usually 10-15 per month) and typically get 3 nights out of a set of strings. But lately I had been getting one night - and I've broken 3 "A" strings (.036) in the past couple of weeks. The new saddles seemed like the way to go and I suspect that will take care of the problem.

Brian

Ernie Ball Customer Service
Graphite Saddles

We don't offer any graphite saddles at this time, all are stainless steel Music Man saddles.

Thanks

Brian

Top Bottom