• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Meypelnek

I think we are exactly on the same page regarding the Gamechanger. What a pity. I really think bass players are complicated customers and it is very hard anticipate what they will accept. Most likely the most simple approach with a minimum of knobs to fiddle.
So Caprice and Cutlass were the right approach and I really hope another vintage concept will follow. Still I am waiting for the Majesty Bass, if this will ever come. Kind of expected to have John Myung featuring this on the next DT release. But obviously not.

GregP

Just restrung my Cutlass with Group III Flats, adjusted neck relief, and lowered the action just a tad....whowza!
I normally play with super low action on my fretless Sterling for maximum mwah...but here I wanted to translate more string energy into the body b/c this is my R&B/Motown bass. I'd call the action around Medium. Oh my goodness...I have never heard a bass resonate with such force before. This split coil is definitely different than the one on the Caprice. The sound is just so thick and potent...its beautiful.

The Caprice I had previously had some neck dive to it...none of that here. This feels just as beautifully balanced as my Sterling. So sad to see this beauty go from the lineup...but glad I got mine ;-)

Dphc13

I’m relatively new to EBMM and I’ve had a Sterling Ray 4 for about two years and I just purchased my first EBMM Stingray. EBMM products are high quality and high price (at least for me) if I could I would have purchased a Saber or Caprice but the even higher price they command made that impossible. I can’t figure out why they are more expensive on the used market at least. Seems like they have less features than Stingrays. Maybe someone can enlighten me. Remember I’m new... ��

GregP

I’m relatively new to EBMM and I’ve had a Sterling Ray 4 for about two years and I just purchased my first EBMM Stingray. EBMM products are high quality and high price (at least for me) if I could I would have purchased a Saber or Caprice but the even higher price they command made that impossible. I can’t figure out why they are more expensive on the used market at least. Seems like they have less features than Stingrays. Maybe someone can enlighten me. Remember I’m new... ��

What I would suggest is not getting caught up in the price to feature ratio analysis and just find the EBMM bass that you love and get that. I totally understand where the price to feature ratio shopping analysis comes from. This is the way we typically shop for most consumer goods. We pull up an issue of consumer reports and compare 2 products and see which one has more boxes checked :p.

While this may work out well for TV's or Fridges with musical instruments it's definitely a different ball game. No matter which EBMM bass you get it's going to be super high quality and have a stellar performance to price ratio :) Just find the one that speaks to you. For me, it's the Sterling and the Cutlass...both basses cover the entire sonic spectrum for me. =)

Last edited:

cybersnyder

I'd rather have a passive StingRay SS, anyway.

47209647_10216111879382954_3011813058604433408_n-21.png

I’d love that with active/passive. It would slay!

GregP

I wonder if we will hear anything about the St. Vincent at NAMM this year.
*Fingers crossed*
:) :) :)

Top Bottom