• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Bassplyr

Baddog, what kind of rig do you use, what kind of music, and what type of places do you play mostly?

Baddog

I use a Peavy T Bass rack mount amp with a Sonic maximizer, Korg rack tuner, Samson wireless with belt pack along with a Crate 18" enclosure.

My Hartke kick back is a practice amp

Baddog

Oh sorry I forgot! We play Christian Praise/Rock, we started out just playing in church and had so many compliments we took it on the road. Our lead singer and I left that band found another guitar player and drummer and have been doing this with them for the last 3 years.

Mobay45

As I've said before, I have all Hartke. A Kickback 15 for practice, a 3500 head, 115XL cab and a 210XL cab. I really like the sound. If it's too bright, that's what the EQ on the bass and the amp are for - to control your tone.

midopa

I use the Hartke Kickback 15 at church and have found that the sound is too bright for the context I play in. I've adjusted the EQ and the shape, but I either get a really bassy sound that just doesn't cut through at all or a sound with a nasty accent on the mids.

The Hartke Kickback 15 is a great deal for the modern bass tone, but I think it fails at producing a good vintage tone.

spectorbassguy

Baddog said:
Oh sorry I forgot! We play Christian Praise/Rock, we started out just playing in church and had so many compliments we took it on the road. Our lead singer and I left that band found another guitar player and drummer and have been doing this with them for the last 3 years.

That is AWESOME, Dog! Glad to hear it! Something about Christian Rockers, eh?

Do you ever watch TVU? My fav is the Supertones - Mojo is so cool! I really liked Earthsuit and met their great bass player Roy Mitchell a few times (a fellow Ken-Smither who changed to a Music Man StingRay fiver). But now they're defunct and I can't find them anywhere. I'd really like to talk with Roy again.
Also Kutless is really coming on strong.

Dog, do you do originals, covers or both? I play on our praise and worship team. We have me on bass, 2 acoustic guitars, 1 electric guitar, drummer, percussionist, tenor and alto sax, 3 keyboards (Korg Triton - Roland - Alesis) and anywhere from 12 to 20 in the choir on any given Sunday. We do everything from Paul Baloche to MercyMe to Israel Houghton to Kirk Franklin to Joe Pace to ......... The Lord has blessed us indeed!

:D :D :D God Bless You!

Disquieter

spectorbassguy said:
That is AWESOME, Dog! Glad to hear it! Something about Christian Rockers, eh?

Do you ever watch TVU? My fav is the Supertones - Mojo is so cool! I really liked Earthsuit and met their great bass player Roy Mitchell a few times (a fellow Ken-Smither who changed to a Music Man StingRay fiver). But now they're defunct and I can't find them anywhere. I'd really like to talk with Roy again.
Also Kutless is really coming on strong.

Dog, do you do originals, covers or both? I play on our praise and worship team. We have me on bass, 2 acoustic guitars, 1 electric guitar, drummer, percussionist, tenor and alto sax, 3 keyboards (Korg Triton - Roland - Alesis) and anywhere from 12 to 20 in the choir on any given Sunday. We do everything from Paul Baloche to MercyMe to Israel Houghton to Kirk Franklin to Joe Pace to ......... The Lord has blessed us indeed!

:D :D :D God Bless You!

Man, i wish i could have been playing at church for the past year, but alas, I have not found a single church in this town that i currently live in that is focused on the right things..

suprising really, since Colorado Springs has the Focus On The Family and the huge church up north. big religious sect, but no such luck for me..

next month i move back home and call it good!

joel D.

Baddog

spectorbassguy, We do both originals and covers, my by buddy wrote a song that lists the fruits of the spirit in the song. It was a great teaching tool for our youth group, its amazing how many people that go to church that can't name the fruits of the spirit! I have not heard of TVU but I'll look for it, is it on cable?

Disquieter, keep looking and don't give up! There has to be one somewhere for you!

fifthorange

well since i dont have a lot of money, i have become a fan of peavey. decent sound for a fairly good price, and american made!

basspastor

A Fender Bassman 100 combo is very nice, it has a deep rich sound, I have three combos, this is my favorite. Not to expensive
4-5 hundred dollar range.
blessings
gh

basspastor

Baddog said:
spectorbassguy, We do both originals and covers, my by buddy wrote a song that lists the fruits of the spirit in the song. It was a great teaching tool for our youth group, its amazing how many people that go to church that can't name the fruits of the spirit! I have not heard of TVU but I'll look for it, is it on cable?

Disquieter, keep looking and don't give up! There has to be one somewhere for you!

Spectorbassguy,
I would love to get my hands on a copy for my personal use or just to read it. That is soooo! cool. Oh by the way "The Newplainsmen Quartet" is looking for new material. They have a web site under their name.
blessings
gh

spectorbassguy

Baddog said:
I have not heard of TVU but I'll look for it, is it on cable?

TVU is on the Sky Angel Network. It is an add-on satellite dish to the Dish Network. Here is TVU's website:
http://www.tvulive.com/
If you have access to Dish Network, the "Ten Most Wanted" show is on channel 262 on the weekends or the following:

Nationwide: DISH Network 262 (Angel One) Arizona: Phoenix 28
Florida: Orlando 52
Georgia: Manchester 10 (Charter Cable) New Mexico: Carrizo Springs 11
New York: New York City 53
Oklahoma: Oklahoma City 17, Tulsa 29 Pennsylvania: Reading 21 (Comcast Cable) Texas: Beaumont 25, Corpus Christi 12, Del Rio 10, Harlingen 52, La Feria 30, Laredo 39, McAllen 32, New Braunfels 14, Raymondville 50, San Antonio 25

Top Bottom