• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

drewbixcubed

As of this week we are proud to announce the release of The Game Changer!!! After a lot of R&D and patience, these baby's are ready to rock! You should be able to find them in your local stores anytime now....so be on the lookout!!!!

Check out the web-application at
The Gamechanger

And even more info at:
The Gamechanger

doc_zk

I am sure this has been asked, but I can't seem to locate it. Is the Reflex Game Changer Bass coming in a 5 string HH model? I am a proud Sterling 5 HH user and would love the versatility of the GC. Thanks.

MSilvers

So simple question, couldn't find it on any of the spec sheets. The red light on the battery hatch, what does it exactly mean when it's lit / unlit. For instance, when the bass is in use, if the red light is off does that mean the batteries are low? Thanks.

drewbixcubed

The red light should blink once when the instrument is turned on or off. When in use, the light should remain off until the batteries start to get close to end of life. Once they get close, the light will start blinking and there is about 3-4 hours left of live play. At this point, make sure you are not going to be "mid-gig" when they reach end of life!

Also, after upgrading the firmware and performing the first power cycle, the memory will update for about 5-10 minutes, and during this time the battery will remain lit.

Lastly, be sure to change out all 3 batteries during replacement!!

Thanks for the heads-up in the literature! I just updated the FAQ section with more info!

So simple question, couldn't find it on any of the spec sheets. The red light on the battery hatch, what does it exactly mean when it's lit / unlit. For instance, when the bass is in use, if the red light is off does that mean the batteries are low? Thanks.

gduquette

Can any one tell me why when I try to install the game changer plugin on my mac book air I get a message the I have to quit safari first? I didn't think i was running safari - I use Chrome and force quit wont give me the option to close safari as if its not even running.

Billy_Chao Li

Hello,

one of my classic sterling bridge height adjust screw broken. I need to replace it with a new one, can you tell me the exact seize? Thank you!

TimBosby

Hi, I'm a former Game Changer bass owner. A gentleman recently bought a GameChanger bass from me on EBay. I, in turn, got it on Talkbass.com (where I traded a G&L M2000 plus some cash for it), and I believe the Talkbass guy may have been the original owner.

In any case, the bass worked awesomely for both me and the Talkbass guy but the Ebay gentleman received it from me on Friday and it won't make a sound. He and I have been e-mailing, trying to diagnose the problem, to no avail. We are hoping you can help.

So far he has tried: changing the batteries, resetting the instrument to factory defaults, different amps, cabs, cables, etc. He made sure it was not in "Mute" mode (this was the first thing I thought of since I think position 15 on the upper horn switch is "Mute" mode.)

When I owned it, Talkbass guy had just put new batteries in it, and I only owned it briefly, so I don't know if that's the issue. I think there's more going on that neither he nor I has thought of.

Perhaps it needs a firmware update?

One other thing to note: The EBay gentleman said the instrument would not connect to the web app. I never used the web app when I owned it, but I had no problems whatsoever with the instrument.

He also said there is a light in the battery compartment that is OFF.

As far as we're aware, it was not damaged in shipping as it was well packed and there were no signs of FedEx abusing or dropping the box, etc.

Please help us out if you can! If he can't get it to work, he'll return it to me, in which case I'll obviously need to get it to work. One way or another, it needs to work; but this is very new technology and neither of us have any idea what's going in that little onboard computer.

Thanks!!!

Bozric

A simple restart of the computer should do the trick.

Actually, restarting does NOT do the trick - I just tried installing the plugin and got the same thing, even after restarting. I'm guessing the plugin is just not compatible with the latest version of the Mac OS.

Edmang

Actually, restarting does NOT do the trick - I just tried installing the plugin and got the same thing, even after restarting. I'm guessing the plugin is just not compatible with the latest version of the Mac OS.

What is the status of the software for the gamechanger? Does it work with the latest Mac OS? What platforms are supported? Don't have one but am interested. What is the chance of software support in the long term?

Edmang

According to the control diagram for the bass, the A and B default banks are the same. "A" seems to be an Active bank and "B" passive. Is there really only 1 bank of sounds and it switches between active and passive versions? Or can you have different sounds in each of the banks, just that bank A will be active and B passive?

How does the active/passive work with the bank Z sounds? Is it if you have bank A selected, the bank Z patch will be active, but if you have bank B selected, the Z patch sound will be passive?

Any clarification someone can add will be great.

Don't have the bass but thinking of picking one up.

Thanks

scuzzy

Looking to purchase one of these basses, but don't want to if the app support is dead. What is going on with the web based app? Any news on its longevity?

Top Bottom